Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where to fit beam delfectors

Hello.
    My dad is going to France in 2 weeks and he has a pair of AA beam convertors/deflectors which need fittong on his 07 Astra.
    He has lost the instructions that came with them which he has had for about 4 years.I have tried to download the instructions but no luck.
    At the weekend he went a local Vauxhall dealer and asked about adjusting the light to use abroad and was quoted over a £100 to do it,as you can imagine he declined.
    Has anybody got an idea were to put these on the headlights or has a picture or diagram of where to fit them properly please.
    Vince

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1vincent View Post
    Hello.
    My dad is going to France in 2 weeks and he has a pair of AA beam convertors/deflectors which need fittong on his 07 Astra.
    He has lost the instructions that came with them which he has had for about 4 years.I have tried to download the instructions but no luck.
    At the weekend he went a local Vauxhall dealer and asked about adjusting the light to use abroad and was quoted over a £100 to do it,as you can imagine he declined.
    Has anybody got an idea were to put these on the headlights or has a picture or diagram of where to fit them properly please.
    Vince
    I travel abroad every year , but to cut a long story short the 2007 astra change the dipped head light position on that year so there is no way of telling which one you have , just get one from halfords and you will see were to fit it in the instructions.
    Its a good idea to have a spare pair as one of mine was removed in a car park in nantes,it might not happen to him , but its better to have a spare than a fine if he is stopped.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1vincent View Post
    At the weekend he went a local Vauxhall dealer and asked about adjusting the light to use abroad and was quoted over a £100 to do it
    oh my god that is bad

park your car in front of a garage door, switch on your lights, hold the beam deflector into the beam until you see the beam to change to the right. Stick it on there. Sorted.

Oh, my advice is free

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdxx View Post
    oh my god that is bad

park your car in front of a garage door, switch on your lights, hold the beam deflector into the beam until you see the beam to change to the right. Stick it on there. Sorted.

Oh, my advice is free
    You can't drive with these deflector's in this country after changing the dipped light to the right , you will blind other drivers , and when you go abroad you might get done driving out the port as there are a lot of cop's on the go ,and if it is sunny you will have a hell of a time trying to see the light unless it's quite dark.
    I know I have done the above.