Thread: fuel knocking spark pligs ???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

fuel knocking spark pligs ???

hi guys just to let you all know ive just changed the fuel filter on mine 16 8v 2000 and by the looks of it the one i replaced was the one it left the factory with.And the car seems to have a bit more go to it now and me being a novice found this quiet easy to do so i reccomend replaceing yours for around £7.00

Can anyone reccommed a decent set of spark plugs for mine nothing flash as its only a 1.6 8v and not a 9.12litre rocket just somthing that will do a bit better job than standars ones.

And last but not least whilst driving down hills and around right hand turns/bends theres a strange knocking noise coming from the car i dont no where from but its that kind of noise when you get a flat tyre obviously its not that but its that kind like an old fashioned airoplane starting up good at explaining things arnt i any ideas thanks in advance LEE!

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Spark plugs - standard Vauxhall ones for your engine are fine.

Not sure on knocking noise, could be something like a CV joint or similar, but plenty of other things can knock too such as drop links.