Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me and my cousin just got flashed coming home!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me and my cousin just got flashed coming home!

Coming back from Nutfield/Merstham way after babysitting my little cousin with her brother, Him in his Fiesta in front, me in my Astra following, came out of a petrol station, sign about 30 yards ahead says (40) but the road we were on must of been a 30 road leading to it, went through the lines at 40 and both of us got flashed!

First 3 points and fine! And only 3 months till Ive been driving 2 years too! Will my license just tick over to 12 points total and have these 3 of it for three years now?
    1.8 SE2 Coupe! Let the mods begin...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off unlucky. People will come on saying you shouldnt be speeding etc but everyone had/does do it at some point and its just bad luck you were caught out.

Once you hit the 2 years it goes up to 12 regardless of points. They are active on the licence for 3 years, come off after 4 and need to be declared to insurance for 5.

All you can hope for is that you get a speed awareness course or the camera wasnt active when you went through it. I know in tyne and wear only 12 of their 48 cameras are on at any one time (I found that out on a speed awareness course ) and there is a website with a list of which ones that is on t'interweb somewhere but cant remember the site. The course is 68 quid instead of 60 but you dont get points, dont have to declare it and only lasts a couple of hours. Well worth it IMO and for 40 in a 30 you may well get one. When I got done for 99mph on a motorway the copper wouldnt give me one but the previous 2 times I have been caught I have been given them
    It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It wasnt an old man in a raincoat was it? lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thechompster2000 View Post
    It wasnt an old man in a raincoat was it? lol
    got his gearknob out??
    1.8 16v 99 T plate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you could see a 40 sign from the speed camera then they cannot prosecute for doing that speed surely?

I could contact an official and see whats what mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    got his gearknob out??
    lmao

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    First off unlucky. People will come on saying you shouldnt be speeding etc but everyone had/does do it at some point and its just bad luck you were caught out.

Once you hit the 2 years it goes up to 12 regardless of points. They are active on the licence for 3 years, come off after 4 and need to be declared to insurance for 5.

All you can hope for is that you get a speed awareness course or the camera wasnt active when you went through it. I know in tyne and wear only 12 of their 48 cameras are on at any one time (I found that out on a speed awareness course ) and there is a website with a list of which ones that is on t'interweb somewhere but cant remember the site. The course is 68 quid instead of 60 but you dont get points, dont have to declare it and only lasts a couple of hours. Well worth it IMO and for 40 in a 30 you may well get one. When I got done for 99mph on a motorway the copper wouldnt give me one but the previous 2 times I have been caught I have been given them
    If it IS working, and I get a letter, I PRAY that they send me on speed awareness! If they decide to do this, will they list it as an option on the letter they send me?

Quote Originally Posted by Maskell View Post
    If you could see a 40 sign from the speed camera then they cannot prosecute for doing that speed surely?

I could contact an official and see whats what mate
    I will, but surely they will just say "blah blah you were approaching a 40 zone and were still in a 30 zone" Thats why its there, to catch people speeding in a 30 zone about 5 seconds before the 40 sign hits.
    1.8 SE2 Coupe! Let the mods begin...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was expecting a completely different threads with pics

vauxcoupe
    well am in your boat too mate, just had letter from dundee bobbys! 71mph in a 70mph so 3 points and £60. first offence though!! yea know what your thinking but a was driving my new transit and the speed i should have been doing is 60mph!.max. simple mistake.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxcoupe View Post
    well am in your boat too mate, just had letter from dundee bobbys! 71mph in a 70mph so 3 points and £60. first offence though!! yea know what your thinking but a was driving my new transit and the speed i should have been doing is 60mph!.max. simple mistake.
    IF you did actually mean to type 71mph in a 70mph zone then contest it and it will be thrown out of court.
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast