I'm a proud owner of an 04 plate Astra hatch 5 door Enjoy model (not to be confused with Envoy).
Like i did with my last car, the first thing im doing is joining a forum because the advice and help it brings is priceless. So thats why ive joined here.
I would like peoples opinions on whether the price was good for the car i got. Its a 1.4 16v petrol Enjoy model. 5 door, has air con, alloys, cd player and ABS. Just had new tyres fitted. Front brakes need replacing really and there is one dent on a wheel arch about the size of a 20p. Coule of scuffs on the corners which should T cut out and some spray would help to. Interior is immaculate so no dirt or anything. Done 44k with 1 previous owner and full service history, did an MOT check and its all legit.
Paid £2825 for it from private seller. Was this good do you think?
Ive got some questions already though if someone could take the time to answer it would help. I know some questions are sub forum specific but i might as well ask here anyway, so:
1. Bought the car yesterday and it has 2 sets of keys. However one of the keys (the main one with RCL) water has got inside it and knackered it so the RCL wont work. It will still manually open the doors and start the car though. So how much will a new one be as the second key doesnt have a button on it for the RCL.
2. I fitted a sound system for my Corsa B (my last car) and want to move everything over to the Astra. Wasnt too difficult on the Corsa but wondering how much harder it will be for the Astra. Are side trims etc as easy to remove as in a Corsa or is it a move complexed job? Would ideally like to find an unused grommet in the firewall rather than drilling one for the amp power cable. Im using 4awg by the way. Also where would a good place to earth the amp be?
3. Is it difficult to remove the door cards to change the speakers? I have some 17cm coaxial speakers which i found were fine for my Corsa as i dont want anything majorly impressive. I bought the speaker adapters by Autoleads for the Corsa and was wondering if these also fit the Mk4 Astra or do i need to buy new ones?
4. Need to identify my engine also. It is a 1.4 16v petrol and as i said before its an 04 plate Enjoy model 5 door. Just need to know the initials for the engine i have.
5. What are the first things to break on an Astra?
Thats about it for now i think.