Thread: Just bought a bertone coupe - couple of questions

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just bought a bertone coupe - couple of questions

Hello!! First post on here as I've just come back from buying a 2001 Bertone coupe - put down a deposit and paying the rest on Saturday. 2.2l with 60k on the clock - paid £1650 - does that sound reasonable?

It doesn't have too much in the way of extras besides a cd changer and cruise control. FUll service history from original dealer, ex demo car and one owner since then. Looking through the receipts - the last service was the 90k one, does anyone know when the timing chain would have been adjusted/changed or do you think I should get this done?

Just a quick couple of questions:
    • There is a tape player in there - although linked to steering wheel controls it looks a bit nasty - can anyone suggest a player to change it to that could utilise the steering controls and/or cd changer? - I'm really after an MP3 playable headunit.
    • There is no trip computer - as the information is drawn from the ecu - is this an effort to install one? - the display is already there, just the stalk has been blanked off.
    Lastly - anything I need to check for? Any worthwhile things worth doing? Getting rid of? etc etc - i've spent the last years dabbling with veedubs and have jumped ship!!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolmol View Post
    • There is a tape player in there - although linked to steering wheel controls it looks a bit nasty - can anyone suggest a player to change it to that could utilise the steering controls and/or cd changer? - I'm really after an MP3 playable headunit.
    • There is no trip computer - as the information is drawn from the ecu - is this an effort to install one? - the display is already there, just the stalk has been blanked off.
    Lastly - anything I need to check for? Any worthwhile things worth doing? Getting rid of? etc etc - i've spent the last years dabbling with veedubs and have jumped ship!!
    IIRC timing chain needs replacing at 100k, but sure someone will confirm or deny that

Most aftermarket headunits will work with steering wheel controls with correct adaptor, but you will struggle to find one that works with the CD changer. IMO your best off just forgetting about the changer and getting a decent USB headunit, or one with an Ipod connection if you have one. So much better than making CD's. Part numbers for steering wheel adaptors are in a sticky thread in MK4 ICE forum.

As for the trip computer its a lot of work. The screen you have isn't the correct one, so you need that + the stalk + all the sensors like oil, coolent, brake pads etc

Welcome to AOC BTW

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to AOC, Buckle's pretty much covered everything, so enjoy your stay and good buy
    Carbon Black Astra Coupe Turbo

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very good price mate fair play! timing chain will need to be changed mate unless it has been already, as it's pre-2002, it will have the old oil spray in it, which is small and gets blocked, causes chain to run dry. there are 2 chains to change and it's worth changing both for piece of mind...

get some pics up and welcome to the site!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if i've mistaken you, but you say it's done 60k, but the last service was at 90k? Do you mean the car has done 160k?
    Coupe Turbo Evolution - 320ps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i was gonna ask that too!

vauxcoupe
    I think he means its had a full 90k service as if the car has done 90k, but claims its only done 60k and to me that would explain the £1650??!!! something not 100% there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Welcome to the club, enjoy.

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lol - sorry for the confusion - the car IS on 60k - mot receipts to prove - The service I was guessing is the 8/9year/90k one? (IE - with most cars you have 10k 20k/3year 50k/5year with major ones say on the 60k 80k 5year/7year intervals etc). Believe me, given the state of the interior - the person would've had to have been able to float whilst driving to have done 100k or more and keep it in that condition (looks brand new!)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Pictures be up soon - just looking at a few bits - shame they don't do hella oem looking rear lights in black - might have to get some lightly sprayed OEM ones as only seem to be able find m3/lexus ones . Debadge grille on its way, need to clean it and tart it a bit first!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast