Thread: Complete Fuse Overhaul - Astra H 2006 1.6

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Complete Fuse Overhaul - Astra H 2006 1.6

Hello there, i have a 2006 Astra H MK5 1.6 SXI TwinPort.

i Recently changed my fuse for my windscreen washer and noticed there are allot of fuses which are missing in my fuse box when comparing it to the Diagram i got from this website for my car. This made me think of doing a complete Overhaul of the fuses, fill the missing gaps and get fresh fuses in there.

one of the reasons i want to do this is because my Headlight height adjusters aren't working and there are 4 possible fuse locations it could be so maybe if i just Overhaul the entire thing it would fix this and any other problems im not noticing.

simply put is it a good idea to fill in these fuses according to the correct layout from the manual? can it be damaging to my car in anyway?

i hope this will at least make an interesting discussion,
    Thanks.
    Vauxhall Astra MK5 1.6 SXI TwinPort (56) Silver.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    You will probably find most of the positions don't have contacts fitted. They will either be for options not fitted on your car or for options fitted to Astra's sold in overseas markets.
    There is no real benefit from trying to fit extra fuses that are'nt required.
    If your headlight adjusters have stopped working just check the fuses fitted to the locations listed.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh i see, that makes allot of sense, i thought that it may have been the case, i will just check the respective fuses then.

by the way do you know if my Astra is supposed to have Headlight Washers? i got 2 cut out in the front Bumper but they don't open and wash the headlights maybe that fuse is gone too? (or maybe the front bumper cut out are not for the Headlight washers.)

(http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar...l/astra-h-2004 This picture shows the cut outs just under the headlights that i am talking about. The 2 square looking bits, i was told those are headlight washers on some cars they pop open i could be wrong thou.)

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    You would need to check behind the bumper to see if the washers are fitted.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was also wondering this same thing, when I had to replace some fuses that I blew due to some extra dodgy wiring on my part!

The main one I noticed that is missing is Fuse 5 in the boot. The Airbag fuse. Now, I'm no car electrical expert, and I can see that there are contacts for a fuse to be inserted into, but shouldn't there be a fuse ALREADY in there?! If not, I dont want to go inserting one and then immediately realising I'll be needing a new dash board

Sorry for the mini thread hijack but I thought I'd use this thread instead of starting another one

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got any ideas about my previous post?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    the washer covers are on all cars no matter if you have xenons or not.

OE xenons will have auto washers and so the cover becomes the motor (can be retrofitted but costly i think)

Steve: the airbag fuse is a 7.5a, do you have a full REC or small one (way to tell is if u have 4 or 5 big scart like connectors then its a full REC). and yes i have it in mine

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah theres the big scart like connectors in mine. So I guess I should put a fuse in there then! :O

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh i see thanks for that, Steve no probs, its all Main Topic related so its not a Hijack

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just stuck one in, no problems so far. Thinking maybe they took it out when they shipped it over from Ireland maybe? Who knows, it's in there now