Thread: Eddieboy's Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eddieboy's Astra Coupe Turbo

My first Astra that I purchased was 2.0 SRi in January 2008.

I then unfortunately ended up selling this which I ended up regretting but now I am happy to say that I am back and now own an Astra Coupe Turbo.

Here are a few pictures.

The car has lovely red leather seats that are in perfect condition. Really like these.

Carbon Black Astra Coupe Turbo

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Something I didn't mention in the first thread this car was previously owned by a member from Astra Owners Club. So I know that the car had been cared for. I have plenty of plans for the future.

1. De-restrict Air box.
    2. Fit Vectra C inlet pipe (or similar version)
    3. Go to a rolling road day to see what power I am currently running.
    4. Aim to have the car remapped

I have many more plans but these are the more immediate and affordable in the mean time.

The car is currently stuck at my Grandparents whilst I wait to be able to pick it up as I bought it for my Birthday on 5th of March and have insured it from that date so now I'm playing the waiting game until I can drive it.

Plenty more to come.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right first things first when you get a new car. First job - Wash the car bring it back to its former glory.

Products Used

Chemical Guys Wash and Wax
    Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
    Petes 53 Wax
    Autoglym Clean Wheels
    Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Any way, here are the pictures that I took after the wash.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Today I decided to do some work to the car I began with treating the leather as I wanted to make sure I kept it in top condition. Here are some pictures of before and after.

Before

After

I am pleased with the results they have come up alot more shiny and feel different to how they did before.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Over the last few days I have also undertaken the process of spraying my centre console. I quite fancied going for a what I thought would be a different route to what alot of people have taken. I decided to go for a gloss black finish. Here are some pictures of before and after.

Before

After

A nice leg shot in one of those pictures. I am really pleased with the results and have got plenty more jobs planned.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Since I have purchased my car I have wanted to refurbish the wheels. In the weekend I went to see my Uncle and he commented on the wheels and said that I could use a touch up pen to go around just to tidy it up until I fancied refurbishing them in the future.

I went to Halfords and purchased a touch up pen for around £4 and here are the results.

Before

After

Once again happy with the results and looks good until I make the decision whether to change the wheels or go for a full refurbish.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After giving the car a clean yesterday I thought I'd take some pictures of the beading that occurred on the car after. I used the same products as before and the car looks surprisingly reflective given the circumstances of the weather and that there wasn't much sun about. Any way here are the pictures.

I've also got a rolling road day that I'm going to on Sunday so my next post will include the dyno results from there.

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Today I had a rolling road event with the South Wales Region cheers to Daz and Aly for organising it.

I was hoping to get power as close to standard as possible as I have not changed anything on the car at all so far as I wanted to have a benchmark starting figure and work from there. My target was anything over 190 bhp given the age and the mileage on her.

Here are the dyno printouts photo'd.

I was extremely happy reaching 195.6BHP and 183.9lbs ft torque. This gives me a great starting point that I can push forward from. I am setting a personal target of reaching 250 bhp by the end of the Summer. So will have plenty more bits and pieces to add the the diary.

Any way here are some other pictures of my car on the rolling road day.

As well as a video for good measure. Enjoy!

Overall a fantastic day and has encouraged me to get on with getting more jobs done to the car

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finally have managed to paint my calipers, after along wait for the weather to be up to standards. After thinking about all the different colours that I could have painted them I thought that I would go for the black as I thought it would be nice and subtle and a good change from what they were standard.

Went out and got myself some coarse sand paper and also some smooth black hammerite paint.

Any way I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Before Rear

After Rear

Before Front

After Front

Finished!

Overall very happy with it as I think its a great cheap job and improves the look of the wheels

Stage 2

The Car:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Today I thought I'd make the most of the weather and fit my new air inlet pipe as bought from Beeson. I also de-restricted the air box as well with my brother. I used the howto from this website when doing it followed the instructions and completed the job in about an hour. Here are some pictures of the work.

Brother helping with finishing touches

The inlet pipe in position

Overall I was very happy with how it turned out and the car feels far more responsive and a deeper engine note as well. To test how the car felt to drive I took it up to Black Mountains. Absolutely adore these roads, they've featured on numerous Top Gear episodes. Any way I've included some pictures just to show people what their missing by not being located as close to the wonderful mountains.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day. Made use of the great weather and hope people have enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Stage 2

The Car:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast