Thread: Z20Let Wiring Loom - Help Required!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Z20Let Wiring Loom - Help Required!

Can someone please point me in the right direction for either of the following :

- exploded diagram of the z20let Engine (preferrably as it sits in an Astra Mk4 Coupe, but I'll take anything at this stage!)
    - detailed diagram of wiring loom routing throughout the engine bay (again on a Coupe if possible!)

Thx, I'm having a few problems getting this engine-swap finished and both wiring looms I have, have their own sets of problems, so i'm having to butcher one to get a full working set that I can use.

Got main wiring harness in (big blue plug going into the bulkhead) and had to wire speed sensors and ABS wiring onto wiring harness and push through the wheel arch - think the previous owner just ripped it from the donor vehicle! I have then got the power steering loom and the engine loom going over the top of the gearbox but under the battery tray. Also got the main loom heading down the side of the wing passing near to the top of the water bottle. I've then got the two primary connectors plugged into some weird looking assembly which looks like it might have a PCB but don't think it's the ECU... this goes onto the side of the battery tray by the looks of it. I've then got the wiring to the screen wash bottle in and also the power sounder as well as the indicator on the nearside. I'm at the point where I now need to think about going across the front o' the engine and finding a home for the rest of it.... beyond the Airbag sensor it's a little messy so anything with wiring diagrams or codes would be fantastic.

Thx again for your help,

Kind Regards,
    John H

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im having the same problem with a butchered loom its a right pain. My engine bay is pretty empty at the moment so if you can get some photos up of the stuff that your stuck on Ill try and help you out with some of it as Ive nearly finished my wiring.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Put up pictures of ALL the bits your unsure off and i'll do my best to help.

There's a fair few folk on here who have done these conversions so if one of us doesn't know i'm sure another will
    Astra SRi Turbo
    281|317

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys, I'm just really struggling to get info... Didn't think this Z20let would be so difficult to get to grips with... I'll take some pics and put them online Cheers, John H