Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

led help

hi all
    i would be megga greatfull if someone can help me out, i,m in the middle of changing my orange interior lights to blue,the door and window switchs, the roof console, the headlight switch and the clocks (speedo) are done and working fine. this is my second time at doing this and the first time i did it everything went spot on but for some reason this time its a pain in the backside.the screen in my dash has 18 plcc-2 type leds and choose what or how i solder them they just wont light up, i,ve changed the leds twice but still no joy alsothe door lock button is the same also been changed twice and to make things worse in my old astra (56 plate sxi)my cd player (cd30) took plcc-2 type leds, i,ve opened up my (cd30 mp3) in my new astra (59 plate design) only to find the leds are totaly different they are tiny round ones witch sit in a tiny hole on the circuit board then soldered.if anyone knows the propper name for these leds please let me know as i would realy appreciate it. any help please let me know. my soldering iron ia a 25watt and the solder i,m using is power craft electronic solder 1.5 mm 100g with flux core. thank you very much

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

I would be megga greatfull if someone can help me out,
    I'm in the middle of changing my orange interior lights to blue,
    the door and window switchs,
    the roof console,
    the headlight switch
    and the clocks (speedo)
    are done and working fine.

This is my second time at doing this and the first time i did it everything went spot on but for some reason this time its a pain in the backside.
    the screen in my dash has 18 plcc-2 type leds and choose what or how i solder them they just wont light up, i,ve changed the leds twice but still no joy

Also the door lock button is the same also been changed twice and to make things worse in my old astra (56 plate sxi)my cd player (cd30) took plcc-2 type leds, i,ve opened up my (cd30 mp3) in my new astra (59 plate design) only to find the leds are totaly different they are tiny round ones witch sit in a tiny hole on the circuit board then soldered.
    If anyone knows the propper name for these leds please let me know as i would realy appreciate it.
    Any help please let me know. my soldering iron ia a 25watt and the solder i,m using is power craft electronic solder 1.5 mm 100g with flux core. thank you very much.

thats helped people read your problem !

I would suggest you've maybe damaged the boards with it being done a couple of times.
    Cant help on the different leds in new head unit.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You sure the dash screen is plcc-2 and not 4. You have gone wrong somewhere, you sure your ain't heated them too much

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks so much for your replys.
    how would i tell if i had damaged the boards?
    to simmo490, yeh lv the dash screen is defo plcc-2. what wattage soldering gun should i use , i,ve got two one,s 25watt and the other is 80watt. i used the 25watt 1 when i did leds and i only touched the solder for 3 secs max to melt it. how will i know if i,ve heated them too much?. once again thanks very much