Thread: Which airbox will fit?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which airbox will fit?

Hey guys just a quick one, Which airboxes can I fit into my astra?

It's a 1.6 8v, saw quite a few astras down the scrappy today and wondered if I could use one of the bigger ones?

Cheers, Matt
    Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ALL mk4 models are the same except the 2.2

Mk5 models will fit but youll need any bar the 1.9/2.2 - tbh though the mk5 is roughly the same as the mk4 only smoother lines etc

The standard mk4 one is more than adequate and fitting a bigger one is not really gonna have much of an effect im afraid

if u want more air getting in then use a cone filter - i had a cone fitted on the end of some pvc sprial ducting with the other end clamped directly onto the TB when i had my 8v

good cold air feed and ur sorted

8v engines tend to respond better than the 16v engines as have less heatsoak than the bigger blocks.

anyway feel free to wander round the scrappies trying loads of different airboxes but id say ur wasting ur time on something that will have little to no effect

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    1.4 16v/1.6 16v and 1.8 16v will all fit except if you have a single point injection engine then you will lose the cold start wax capsule system that is part of the single point injection airbox setup

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1412 View Post
    1.4 16v/1.6 16v and 1.8 16v will all fit except if you have a single point injection engine then you will lose the cold start wax capsule system that is part of the single point injection airbox setup

surely thats just part of that ridiculous air intake part - and just checked the members garage and using a veccy pipe so thats no longer an issue

pointless bloody thing anyway - best ripped out and vac hoses blocked off

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well that's answered my question then, no point! Just happened to see about 6 astras there, so may get my scavenger backpack out and grab a few goodies! Well I have a custom air intake, 8.5 inches now to replace teh veccy pipe so I guess that'll do. Cheers anyway guys
    Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And yes, I had that modifed during my Veccy Pipe install. Blocked of that throttle cable with a bolt and tied it somewhere. As for the pipe coming of the manifold heat shield, pointed it down towards the bottom of the engine bay!
    Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So dont use a veccy intake then?? When i bought my astra i realised that the intake pipe was a bit of an unusual fit, turned out it was a veccy intake but with no rubber connection pipe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can use the veccy pipe, it just enables more air to flow into the airbox due to having a bigger diameter entrance.

Maybe they didnt get the adapter to airbox? Only problem I can see with that..
    Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8