Thread: Problem with my heaters...HELP!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem with my heaters...HELP!!

I know I'm kinda pushing my luck by asking for so much help and suggestions from you guys but I could do with some advice on my heaters too please...I promise this'll be the last thing I ask (well, for now!).

I bought an ex-police car and it came with a couple of niggles, one of them being the heaters controls. Basically, they're stuck on a hot temperature and I can't change where the air blows to, it seems set on the footwells only..which is a nightmare on the motorway because my feet start to melt even with the power turned to off.

The power is really the ONLY setting I can adjust but apart from that it's hot and to the feet only.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong and how to attack the problem please?

Thanks, Carl.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can you still twist the hot/cold dial and the other air blower direction dial??

Edys129

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edys129 View Post
    can you still twist the hot/cold dial and the other air blower direction dial??

Edys129
    Hi, and thanks for replying.

I can twist all the dials but it just doesn't make a difference

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that there are cables behind there that control all the flaps for the direction and that these can come adrift.

As for the temperature, I believe there is some sort of valve that controls that.

As long as you have heat, then it doesnt sound like a serious problem that cant be easily fixed. You may have to dismantle some of the centre console to get to the workings however.

Thats as much as I know though!
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As mentioned above, the direction and the heat setting is controlled by cables, which attach to the back of the dials. You will need to dissassemble the dash to get at them which can and will be a pain. more than likely though, its a simple clip at the end of the cable that has become detatched and simply clips back on. It may be that these where not done, when the car was returned to stock from. For instance the removed of all the police radio equipment
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboshed View Post
    As mentioned above, the direction and the heat setting is controlled by cables, which attach to the back of the dials. You will need to dissassemble the dash to get at them which can and will be a pain. more than likely though, its a simple clip at the end of the cable that has become detatched and simply clips back on. It may be that these where not done, when the car was returned to stock from. For instance the removed of all the police radio equipment
    Thanks for that. I'll let you know how I get on.