Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Front Engine mount playing up- 54 plate astravan CDTi

Hi,

My engine has been knocking around quite a bit lately, and making a few bizarre noises, so I had it over a pit at the weekend and noticed the rubber in the front engine mount seems to have broken down and the engine is just moving where it wants. It's a 54 plate Astravan CDTi, and basically I want to know if I have to replace the whole mount, or whether I can get a new rubber insert. I've noticed that Powerflex do replacement rubber bushes for them, http://www.powerflexsuspensionbushes...itemid=9610423
    but most sites list them as basically fitting ALL astra's from 98-04. I know from experience not to buy anything unless it says it will specifically fit my car! Can anyone confirm if they will fit, and if I can indeed just slot this new rubber bush in without fitting a whole new mount (the mount itself actually looks fairly new).

If not, can anyone supply a part number (or a link) for a whole replacement mount? I won't bother with the powerflex bush if I have to replace the whole mount. Money's tight!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Autovaux do the complete mount for about £38, IIRC the mounts or certainly rubbers vary as their are diesel and petrol variants (or so they said)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't list any on their site, will have to give them a call.

Cheers!