Thread: Leather seat conversion

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leather seat conversion

Hi everyone, new to the site after moving from the 206 forums.

I'm buying a leather interior for me 1.8 coupe, replacing the old cloth one. The fitting should be fairly straight forward, but I am wondering, do all leather seats have heating pads in them and if so what do i need to do to get them working.

I know i will obviously need the switches for the centre console, but is the wiring already in place under the seat so i can plug them straight in?

After searching through the forums I struggled finding any clues on this, and any help would be much appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    There is no guarantee, depends on if the donor car was ordered with heated seats from new.
    If the seats have a plug like the bottom one you have heated seats.

Some Astra's come with the heated seat wiring all in place, some don't. The only way to tell is to search.
    First off, pop out the small panel in front of the ashtray to see if you have the plugs for the seats.

Ifyou don't have the plugs/wiring fitted you could always get them from a scrapped car & retrofit the wiring.

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...92#post1769892
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the quick reply, its seems all the wiring is in place on my car apart from the switches, will find out on friday when i pick the seats up if they are heated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Full leathers always seem to have the pads, half leathers like the Gsi Recaros don't.

You'll need the switches and a 5a and a 20a fuse IIRC. Plus if the new seats have side airbags and your car doesn't then don't connect the wiring as without the door sensors being fitted you'll just trip the warning light and that can sometimes be a bitch to get rid of.

Just looked 5a fuse in fuse 45 and 20a fuse in fuse 37. Don't know why SQ Mans diagram says a 15a in fuse 45 but it's definetely a 5a as it's just the one which lights the switches up at night.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    It's given as 15A on the wiring diagram's I used, because it provides ignition power.
    The backlight illumination comes from the multitimer circuit on the Grey/Yellow wire, it has nothing to do with either of the fused power feeds.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used a 5a because that's what the fuse box diagram says to use and it's colour coded to the fuse rating so it must be correct, if you put a 15a in a 5a slot the colour wouldn't match. I presume your wiring diagram has an error on it, easily enough done I'd imagine. If it was wrong I'd imagine I'd have blown a fuse by now as I use the heated seats a lot in cold weather.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.