Thread: Had a bump..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had a bump..

I had a little bump on Saturday, and myself and the other party have decided to go out of insurance, only £90 worth of "damage".

Just wondering if it would be best to write a little reciept saying that it's been setttled out of insurance and that I don't accept liability? Just to cover me incase she decided to screw me over
    Astra GSi 03 in Arden Blue

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There was a guy on here not so long ago that settled outside of the insurance only for the passenger of the other car to claim whiplash which caused a claim in itself... Careful if you do it, make sure a receipt covers any and all claims arising from the crash without accepting liability...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LiamD, personally I would do just that..... Write out a receipt that is....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yup, I'd say write out a receipt and make sure you get the wording right so there's no way to wriggle out of it later. Something to the effect of; In full and final settlement for damage caused on said date to (reg number of vehicle). No further liability will be accepted for any resulting damage either as a direct or indirect result of said incident... etc

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 18 year old brother pulled out and hit a KA in the side at low speed,he s got a £600 excess and just about to get his first years no claims, so he asked if he could pay for the damage - set him back £1200!
    His car didn t have a mark on it.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jran7337 View Post
    Yup, I'd say write out a receipt and make sure you get the wording right so there's no way to wriggle out of it later. Something to the effect of; In full and final settlement for damage caused on said date to (reg number of vehicle). No further liability will be accepted for any resulting damage either as a direct or indirect result of said incident... etc
    Put very eloquently Jran..... Couldn't have put it any better myself..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, sorted it now. I don't think I'll hear anything from it, but better to be safe than sorry.
    Astra GSi 03 in Arden Blue