Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What you reckon to this Ford Puma for sale?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

What you reckon to this Ford Puma for sale?

Not for me. The g/f has always wanted one & is in 2 minds. On the one hand, she wants to run her polo till it dies & save up as much money as we/she can. On the other, her polo is a rustbucket, might (or might not, i know) cost a bomb come MOT time, she's always wanted a puma as stated. So she's undecided.

Looked at it yesterday. Stupidly she wouldn't ask for a test drive & now regrets it as i knew she would.

From what i was able to see, the only blemish was some slight scuffing on the rear drivers arch.

I had a good gander for rust and there either isn't any, or it's been very well covered/painted/blended.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-X-REG-FOR...item3ca9f8aa29

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always loved the Puma (And its bigger brother the Cougar a little bit more!).

Good cars to drive and the 1.7 is surprisingly gutsy.

Best thing is that its basically a Fiesta underneath so maintenance isnt that hard.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I know the puma is generally supposed to be good as i remember reading this elsewhere IIRC & that the 1.7 is "the choice to have"

Was more asking about this car in particular though - the one in the advert & not just the 1.7 in general. Anything seem suss? Seem like a good deal etc?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic little cars, rust is a big problem on the early ones now. If that one is clean it seems like a good price.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    I know the puma is generally supposed to be good as i remember reading this elsewhere IIRC & that the 1.7 is "the choice to have"

Was more asking about this car in particular though - the one in the advert & not just the 1.7 in general. Anything seem suss? Seem like a good deal etc?
    Looks tidy enough.

Only thing that jumped out at me was the fact that the centre of the steering wheel (where the airbag is) is a different colour to the rest of the wheel indicating maybe a detination at some point.

Could just be the angle of the pic though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan87 View Post

Only thing that jumped out at me was the fact that the centre of the steering wheel (where the airbag is) is a different colour to the rest of the wheel indicating maybe a detination at some point.
    Eagle eye there!! i never even noticed that. The whole wheel is at the same angle though, so the centre would be the colour it appears IMO.

depends what he'd give for her polo tbh (which she actually bought from there when she p/x'd her cicuqento (can never spell that fricken car))

Status
    couldn't care less!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    Eagle eye there!! i never even noticed that. The whole wheel is at the same angle though, so the centre would be the colour it appears IMO.

depends what he'd give for her polo tbh (which she actually bought from there when she p/x'd her cicuqento (can never spell that fricken car))
    Worse case scenario (if an airbag has deployed) you want to find out where it was hit and how well it's been repaired.

There the same wheels as fitted to the Fiesta and iv never seen a mis-matched one on them so a bit odd to have one on there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan87 View Post
    There the same wheels as fitted to the Fiesta and iv never seen a mis-matched one on them so a bit odd to have one on there.
    What you saying there? That it's strange to see Fiesta wheels on a Puma? Or that the Puma shares its wheels with a version of the Fiesta & something appears mismatched?

You lost me (easily done i know)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why not this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-Y-REG-FOR...item3caa2940c7

Much nicer looking, no steering wheel issue & same seller!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He's on about the steering wheel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast