Thread: Help with Ski Instructor Courses

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help with Ski Instructor Courses

I'm finishing college this year and with 10 years of skiing experience I'm really interested in doing a Ski Instructor Course.

Looking at the ones in Canada, the full 11 week course costs just short of £9,000 which I can't really afford. I've just come back from Andorra for the 3rd time so I know the mountains pretty well and I know that it's a good place for ski instructor work.

The problem is, I can't find the right website to find the costs for the courses in Andorra on the internet. I'm not limiting to myself to here though.

I'm looking at doing the Level 1 or 2 course for teaching which is usually 10-11 weeks, so if anyone can help me to find the costs of these courses and the best places I'd be very grateful

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    THE DEVIL IS MY CO-PILOT.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers danny. Just talking to a guy on another forum and he was saying about the struggle for jobs out in France at the moment. My parents said they lend me whatever money I don't have to do the course so I'm looking into Canada still at sharing the room (cheaper by almost £2000).

I'm just trying to find as much info as possible to know exactly what I want.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a few mates who are instructors and one of which is out in Canada right now doing a season. Great fun, lovely life style, but very poor pay. I looked into it a few years ago during my year out, but getting your license is so expensive.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I been to andorra last 2 years snowboarding, not this year though as not enough money...

I was looking into doing this before and spoke to a few people out there, and tbh i figured out working in a bar/hotel out there works out much better!

Coz you get all day on the slopes and can earn enough in the evenings to pay for everything and often get rooms etc included.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hardly anyone does this sort of job for the money though! From what I understand its worth getting CSIA qualifications, as they'll be highly regarded in most places. Go do it! You wont make any money, but you'll have the time of your life!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is mainly for the love of it. As long as the pay gets you through the season you could get part time work either out there or back home throughout the summer.

It does seem a much better lifestyle out there, and I don't want to be stuck here all my life having to do a job that I probably won't enjoy.