Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

were do i stand?

huge story are you ready??

had a little knock some one hit me they accepted liabilty straight away.now up untill then my car was totally sound.but the little knock just damaged paint work..i reported to my insurance what happend claim started.. about 4 days later i started to loose power very strange.ok so i reported this to insurance too and because i was unable to drive car hire was sent out straight away and my vechile was DRIVEN and loaded on a loader the next morning..Now my car was fine! just loss of power but drove so possibly due to knock fuel lines and parts needed to be checked and this was stated..Now on speaking with garage they said that my car wont even start and possibly due to crank sensor! as diagnostics had shown nothing regarding fuel and this had been checked,so they were doing me the favour by putting on crank sensor..they then advised me they had to charge battery!..Now my car drove,battery was fine she was in spot on condition when she left me just paint scuff and problem with lack of power due to fuel prob possibly due to knock..my car paint work was repaired and she was loaded up and brought back to me in the dark not starting!..had a auto electrician out now he found no fault codes but stated the fuel pump was not working he showed us u could see and hear it not working and he stated knock probably contributed to it failing .they had tested this apparently!!but also stated they are pnel beaters and not mechanics! this is worrying.and because its not sparking hence no start the electrician said the ecu may have been fried!!! it was fine in my company also to top it off my alloys at front have been smashed up by the loader u can clearly see machinary or harness have caused the damage and they have photos saying they came in like that i know for sure they didnt and i know for sure my car started and ran..but how can i fight this..?? still no car working and mashed up alloys and lots of money paid out for diagnosics which they should of done!! thanks for listening were do i stand?? if i would have know to take photos before she was loaded i would of..but you should not have too...i did state at start of claim that were my car was going was a hazard but they reasured me that they were a reptable company so u have to trust there descions so of she went to be repaired but has come back half dead!! boo hoo thanks for listening were do i stand??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blimey, thats a difficult read, whats the question again?

If the recovery guys broke something you'll have to take that up as an issue with them, if there is additional damage not known about originally you'll need a statement from the garage to say that the damage was likely to have been caused by the accident as it sounds unrelated...
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i was writing my thoughts rather than in english..ive re edited hopefully this will make sense now..insurance are doing all they can and are gathering all information an evidence..

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Would help to break the text down a bit into paragraphs. Also leaving a space after a full stop makes it much easier to read

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok ok so punctuation was not my strongest point.but it makes sense im sure just

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd just say it plain and simple to them, prior to the accident, the car was running fine, post accident, it is not. Tell them you want it back to how it was. They cannot for sure say the additional damage was not caused by the accident etc. In the end it's probably going to get nasty but I'd stick to my guns if I were you.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus, you sound like me. You sound like you live my life. That stuff happens to me, except I'd have 2+ garages involved, as well as the towing company (and the insurers of all)... and 1 of the buisnesses would go bust! And they are all repairing the damge caused by the earlier bump, pick-up and bodged repairs!

Welcome to wingwirrors world! LOL