Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wiper/Linkage Insecure?

Hi guys,

My astra passed it's MOT today...HURRAH!!

Completely shocked but the only 2 advisories were the front brake pads wearing thin (offside & nearside) and the other was

"Wiper/linkage/insecure"

Can anyone shed any light on to what this means? Or how much it will cost to get fixed?

Basically, when I flick the stalk up on my wipers, the wiper goes about halfway (sometimes less) then stops. Same on the intermittent setting, but when it's constantly on it works fine (albeit a little slow).

I thought this would be the motor - but the description above is what the MOT company put down..

any ideas?

Cheers guys

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thracianII View Post
    Hi guys,

My astra passed it's MOT today...HURRAH!!

Completely shocked but the only 2 advisories were the front brake pads wearing thin (offside & nearside) and the other was

"Wiper/linkage/insecure"

Can anyone shed any light on to what this means? Or how much it will cost to get fixed?

Basically, when I flick the stalk up on my wipers, the wiper goes about halfway (sometimes less) then stops. Same on the intermittent setting, but when it's constantly on it works fine (albeit a little slow).

I thought this would be the motor - but the description above is what the MOT company put down..

any ideas?

Cheers guys
    Sounds like you have the dreaded Mk4 wiper intermittent park fault. That is pretty much as you described in that the wipers will stop at various points on the screen. Its an advisory, though its not specific what the fault is, just that it lies with either the wiper/ linkage or that its insecure, basicly covering their own rear ends. Get yourself down a scrap yard, and get a replacement wiper motor and linkage, will most likely cost about £25 - £30, less if your lucky and will be about a 20 - 30 minute job to replace
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503