Thread: Astra MK4 2003 - Cutting out - pedal test

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra MK4 2003 - Cutting out - pedal test

Hi guys, first i want to say what i great place i have been looking on here for a while but just never signed up, so anyway

my engine management light keeps coming on and off.. did the pedal test and im getting the code 1 1 1 3 - does anyone have an idea?

plus in relation to this i believe my car keeps cutting out when i slow down to traffic lights etc... and the idle is always jumpin up an down... first it was just now and then.. now its happening everytime i slow down and getting quite dangerous to drive..

i have just changed the spark plugs but no look... going to clean out the throttle body along with the idle control valve but i dont think this will do much... i have grounds to believe it could be a crankshaft sensor?? or even the EGR?.....
    had this car for 2 years and no problems... now this... ideas would be greats guys, thanks!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what year, engine size, how many valves is it?
    have you considerd the engine coolant temp sensor and EGR valve? these are common faults

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi sorry...
    its the 1.6 16v sxi twinport 2003

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fault code of 1113 (Switch over valve 2)

1113 is the port de-activation solenoid which is part of the Twinport setup. This vac operated but has a solenoid to control the vac to the actuator.

This is mounted on the intake manifold flange which sits between the inlet manifold and head

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22916.0 give that a view, might shed some light on your situation

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks bobber im takin a look now... could this fault be down to me cutting out all the time?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just a quick update.... drove 2 vx 2day to book in for Diagnostic... on way my never cut out once nor did the EML come on... however my revs were very high ... i.e. i put it in 4th gear and it wud drive itself at 30mph and smoke out of exhuast... booked in 2mz

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just got car back from the garage and is working a dream now! 299quid tho!!

soo because the eml was on.. they first hooked it up to Diagnostics machine > was showing inlet manifold "swirl flap" malfunction, so they cleared the code and rechecked the flap operation and it was working fine >
    however car would still smoke from exhaust, faulty idle and cutting out, so they did a manual check and found the rocker cover breather collapased causing crankcase pressurisation - replaced the whole rocker cover and seals, engine flush and a oil service and car working perfect....

however the eml light has come back on again... but the car is still driving sweet, did the pedal test and shows the inlet manifold code again relating to the flap.... is this serious?