Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Windscreen squirter jets/pump playing up

Nowthen guys,

Just a quick one to see if anyone has come across it before. I can only imagine that the winter and me trying to use the squirters while the water in the bottle was frozen has caused the pump to give up the ghost but worht a try to see if anyone has had this before.

Basically i thought i had run out of water in the squirters. Went to fill them up and within 2 seconds the resevoir was overflowing. Turns out if i pump the stalk to activate the squirters in extremely short bursts that it does actually spray a tiny amount of water but if you hold it to try and get a decent squirt it makes all of the right noises but produces no water.

Anyone had this before/fixed this before or is it just going to be a case of new pump or split hose if the water froze in it previously. Uppose on a short burst it could spray the water but with a more solid press on the stalk the pressure build up and the water just goes out of a split pipe? May be better at diagnosing this myself in the light but thought id give it a go on here.

Its on a coupe turbo if that makes any difference but i imagine that all of the squirter set ups are pretty much the same.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    1998 R Reg MK4 Astra 1.6 16v LS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Sounds like the filter is blocked (did the same with my brothers) easy fix if you lay down at the fromt near side corner with your wheels at full left hand lock you can reach up and pull the pump out of the bottle (push it up and pull side ways at the same time) then in the hole you just pulled the pump out of in the bottle ther is a gromit (it is also the fulter) clean it out using hot water then re-build it all, put new water in and away you go Hope This Helps

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Will give it a go this weekend mate, cheers for that. Appreciate it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    same happened to me, just took the filter out and gave it a clean, was covered in green algi type stuff, works a treat now

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Forgot to mention that your advice sorted me right out, Cheers guys - now got the insignia water jets working a treat instead of making the right noises but producing no fluid.