Thread: MK6 Estate

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MK6 Estate

First of all hello guys and gals, this is my first post since registering on the site. I've been an Astra driver now for the past 4.5 years and my rear end has covered in excess of 100,000 miles via the trusty steed. You've probably guessed already, but yes I'm a fleet car driver.

To date, my company has given me a 1.6LS (MK4/51 Plate) which I was given at 70K and drove to around 125K, and I'm currently driving a (MK5/55 plate/Club) which was given to me at 5K and is now on 114K. Both cars have been Estates (not van versions) and I would say they have been more or less trouble free.

The company always does a dealer service and whilst visiting the dealership I like to take a nose around the showroom cars to see what I can possibly expect next when my vehicle is due for renewal.

I started as a Junior Grade engineer which at the time of joining (company policy dictated that I qualified for a LS / Club spec)

Now that I've moved up a notch or two on the company ladder I can have an Astra Design / SXI or SRI. Unfortunately since the company ws aquisitioned I can't get the Insignia as the company only uses Astras in its fleet...(sorry is that a bad thing to say?)

For the sake of comfort am I right to opt for the Design spec? As much as I'd like the power of an SXI the thought of my next 100K in sports suspension does not sound a nice prospect, especially as my daily mileage usually touches 150 miles or so. I'm one of them few drivers that does need floaty, wallowy suspension...lol..

I've got until my car hits 130K before it gets taken away from me, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the MK6 Estate is launched by then. Do any of you guys know when the MK6 is due to launch as an Estate? Vauxhall's website surprisingly seems to have no mention of it whatsover...although I've seen some pretty nice looking sketches of it online. I just hope I don't end up with another car thats missing its temperature guage, which is my biggest bug bear of the MK5. Call it an unnecessary guage but hey my dad drove a car without a rev counter back in the day....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MK6 estate is not due for launch until the end of next year at the moment last I heard.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, vauxhall's strange way of marketing. i would just release all at once. i think they start making them one after the other or something? otherwise why not give customers a wider range of selection?

i cant wait till the 3dr version of mk6