Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone up for a machine polish day ... or 2 ... or 3?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter

Question Anyone up for a machine polish day ... or 2 ... or 3?

Right, Jimma has just bought the following thread to my attention, and I would like to thank him for doing so...

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=211669

It was suggested last year that a machine polishing day was organised. Members in the region would volunteer their expertise and time to machine polish other members cars.

Reading back over the thread, at the time Darren was more than happy let this go ahead, so long as someone organised it ... and it never happened!

Now the only main issue with this is a suitable location for the day, i.e. will need to be somewhere with a source of water and electricity.

If anyone would like to make suggestions for locations, etc, or would like to volunteer themselves, along with their machine polishers ... then post away!

As Jimma said in his PM to me, its the ideal time now with show season approaching.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im more than welcome to donate my driveway/water ect?There is enough parking for about 4/5 cars out side my house and plenty more down the road...plus ive got a massave BBQ im sure we could fire up
    ASTRA VXR ......BRING IT ON BABY.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jimma View Post
    Im more than welcome to donate my driveway/water ect?There is enough parking for about 4/5 cars out side my house and plenty more down the road...plus ive got a massave BBQ im sure we could fire up
    Thanks for offering Jamie, will see if anyone else volunteers there drive/space for the day then see where we go from there.

Would need to make sure we had a machine polisher too ... otherwise we will all be polishing by hand.

For those are don't want/need to go for the machine polish option, I am more than happy to offer my services at detailing by hand! Would only request enough wonga to cover the costs of the shampoo/polish/clay/wax etc etc.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    shame i dont live at my parents anymore, had room there for 5/6 cars. Only got room for 2 now!!

will wait until i finally get to meet some of you guys, but mgodden, once i do may take you up on the hand detailing offer as i really need to learn how to do it properly myself!
    Mk5 2.0l turbo sri. now dead
    but riding around in a mk6 2.0l cdti sri

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Would love to join in! Being black car swirl makrs are all over the place of late! I will bring some of my cleaning stuff at least (I cant provide water or electric due to space) but bit of wonder/dosh/cash and the customary beer/sausage & burgers for the BBQ, hey I dont mind cooking!! lol

I would be up for helping out too. I dont have machine polish I'm afraid.
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i could do with getting a few tips on claying as well, might have to cross the bbh border and come meet some of you guys

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ooohhh this sounds like a really good idea!! typical i bet its a time i cant do, I would ask the folks to do it at mine, but its a long way for some people, but willing to see if they would let us invade, ha ha!!
    xXx TiNy T xXx

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I might be interested in this depending on when and where as i have a DA and rotary polisher, all the compounds and heads (would like the cost of materials covered), how do you propose doing cars though as for me to machine polish a car properly takes a whole day so one person can only do one car. Would like to watch a real expert to hone my technique though.
    Astra G 2.0T cabrio sunrise orange mica graphite BK999's! 240bhp/270lbs/ft....will have AP 4 pots except Godspeed are totally rubbish!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Just seen this thread, been away from the forums for a while.
    I would be up for this meet if it was to go ahead, I would be more than willing to bring/show rotary polishing and DA polishing etc.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be quite up for this as well actually, I'd like to learn how to clean my car properly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast