Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile Aftermarket Recaro's and standard seat belts

Hi,

I have got a set of aftermarket Recaro's waiting to go in. I just wondered what you did about using the original seat belts with these? Does the seat belt detatch from the original seats?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I put vectra recaros in my van and the seat belts did detach as they are bolted to the frame work of the runners, the problem I had was the the runners that came with the recaros were no good for the Astra but they had a c section adaptor fitted, when i asked recaro about a fitting kit the fella was next to useless, so in went a lot of work to adapt the standard runners to fit the new seats

If you approach Recaro you may have better luck as you have after market seats, I have seen some ads on e bay and the like for different fitting kits which hopefully have the seat belt fitting already attached.

Hope you get them sorted
    Rob

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselmonster View Post
    I put vectra recaros in my van and the seat belts did detach as they are bolted to the frame work of the runners, the problem I had was the the runners that came with the recaros were no good for the Astra but they had a c section adaptor fitted, when i asked recaro about a fitting kit the fella was next to useless, so in went a lot of work to adapt the standard runners to fit the new seats

If you approach Recaro you may have better luck as you have after market seats, I have seen some ads on e bay and the like for different fitting kits which hopefully have the seat belt fitting already attached.

Hope you get them sorted
    Rob
    Thanks for the reply.

I priced up the Recaro frames, but they are crazy money. I've brought a set off EBay for aftermarket seats so I'll see how they all fit together. It was just fitting the seat belts to the frames that I was worried about.

Regards

Mark
    Polar Sea Blue MK4 Astra 5 Door

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully the belts will fit the same on the new as the old

all the best

Rob