Thread: People power - Turbos

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question People power - Turbos

Been looking at alot of threads lately concerning vxr turbos and the lack of any other turbo manufacturer eg. garrett availablity for the zleXs.

Was thinking maybe we get some sort of petition going to send to garrett or similar to see about them making a unit/manifold/kit specifically for our cars.

From what iv heard there is quite a demand but the ££££'s regal and the likes want to get them fitted is rightly so daft.

Has this been tried before? Is there any particular reason they dont make for our cars? Just daft not to really as I could name quite a few people off the top of my head who would snap them up for a propper price.

Let me know what you all think...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you want a standard vxr turbo to be as reliable as a garrett turbo, send it off to the likes of turbo dynamics or turbo technics to get overhauled. if your looking for 330bhp plus, then its a garrett route or the outside chance of using other turbos made for other cars as standard and using that, eg an EVO turbo. but all these will require great modification of its requirement to feed it properly eg. oil feed, coolant, exhaust manifold, downpipe.

anything above a vxr turbo will need many changes to fit it, so itll be no different.

their is also regals gt28rs dbilas kit, which has been modded by regal/dbilas to be a bolt on turbo for the zlet's but imo it is rivaled by an upgraded vxr turbo which is considerably cheaper to buy.
    Engaged in crime I grasp my throat
    Enraged my mind starts to smoke
    Enforce a mental overload
    Angry again, angry again, angry again
    And again and again, again

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats exactly what I mean, garrett turbos are just not made for our cars and they are stupidly difficult to fit with all the modification needed. Im trying to say lets see if garrett will produce a bolt on turbo for our cars. They are much more reliable and will give better gains than even an uprated vxr turbo. I am fully aware of regals kit, but for £3k I think their crazy. If theres enough interest surely garrett will listen.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to add to this, when I bought my VXR Hybrid turbo from Turbo Dynamics, they said its good for upto 350bhp.
    I'm running mine @ approx 300 as I know the lump cant handle much more. Love the power and I can take comfort in the knowledge that im not pushing the turbo too hard.

Hope this helps
    Red.Dot + Turbo Dynamics VXR Hybrid + TX AutoSport 63mm FMIC = One Huge Smile