Thread: Camber Shims

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Camber Shims

Been reading about camber shims on a few forums this evening with the rear end of my coupe very much in mind. I've had the rear wheels spaced out 20mm each side so occasionaly get scrubbing especially from the right hand side.

Any excuse for a quick pic:

Does anybody have these fitted to their Astra? If so has anyone got any pics they could put up?

I've been reading that they obviously accelerate tyre wear on the inner edge but i suppose may slow down wear on the outer edge where it scrubs. Anyone got any idea what angle would be sensible on an Astra?

Eibach seem to sell on the EZ Shims on LMF (http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...9&cat=0&page=1) although i've heard Regal also stock them. Theres also some Irmscher bolts which appear to do the same job (http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/p...0&cat=0&page=1) which i've never seen discussed.

Well plenty of questions there, it may be tomorrow this only seemed a good idea when i was nackered messing about online, or it could just be the next little step for my car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go from Whiteline

Settings only acheivable with Whiteline alignment kits Nope and other kits work

Suggested Wheel Alignment Settings*****Handling Pack***********Sports Pack*******************Race Pack

front Camber (4) - degrees**********-1 to -1.5**************-1.5 to -2*********************-2 to -3
    front Caster - degrees***************max********************max********* ***************max
    front Toe - mm/side*****************0**********************0********* ******************0
    rear Camber (4) - degrees**********-1 to -1.5**************-1.5 to -2********************-1.5 to -2.5
    rear Caster - degrees***************n/a*********************n/a*************************n/a
    rear Toe - mm/side*****************1.5*********************1******** ******************0.5

The bolts are for the front struts they are Eibachs well not quite an other company makes them Eibach markets them HTH What size tyre you got on their 215/40/17's?
    You Might Be Able To Piss Over Me But I'm Not Going To Roll Over And Lick My Lips While You Do It

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you got your arches rolled? Would be cheaper long term than going through tyres every 6 months. Plus it'll prevent damage to your arches.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Also interested to hear anyones views on the rear camber shims. My rear wheels have got an unwanted camber on them, would like to get them straight again

Catlin, I would avoid putting a camber on them if I was you. I am going through rear tyres quicker than front tyres due to the camber on mine!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle View Post
    Also interested to hear anyones views on the rear camber shims. My rear wheels have got an unwanted camber on them, would like to get them straight again

Catlin, I would avoid putting a camber on them if I was you. I am going through rear tyres quicker than front tyres due to the camber on mine!
    But camber looks cool!!!
    Car of the Month - August 07
    Car of the Month - June 08
    Car of the Show - PV 08
    Top 5 - VBOA 09

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linea_rossa View Post
    But camber looks cool!!!
    Not on mine. The wheels aren't big enough to pull it off + its bloody expensive to buy new tyres every 12 months lol. Would need to space my rears for it to work, but would rather just have wheels that sit straight and save some money if possible, without having to raise the suspension to achieve that.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

maybe a bit to much would wear your tyres though?
    Car of the Month - August 07
    Car of the Month - June 08
    Car of the Show - PV 08
    Top 5 - VBOA 09

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    glad some one has asked this cos i purchased them from lmf on friday and am now having doubts on putting them on.

by the look of it i might but 20mm on as i was only putting 15mm hub centriic on each side on the back.

the only reason your rubbing catlin is becasue of the tyre. if you went for a smaller size on the same profile it would give a streched look and will minimize the scrubbing.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still think getting the arches rolled is the way forward. Or just take spacers out?

When my camber was out i went through a pair of front tyres in 6 months. They read something like 5.6mm ouside edge 5.5mm middle and 2.0mm on inside at the MOT i had done just before i replaced them!!
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you dont have to get your arches rolled though, it depends on the tyres. i have got no adjusters in the back and never scrub even when four up.

its the et and the tyres which is the deciding factor. this is why the jap and euro scene run stretch to prevent this aswell for looks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast