Thread: XVMMI dvd player

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

XVMMI dvd player

Wow. what can i say. just got it fitted today for £570 by ttint, Luton. yes ive heard cheaper by some people but hey.
    Only problem is that looking at the dvd players for other car makes and models, just wish the vxmmi screen can bit just a little bit bigger and i wish it didt sit so low, (astra's fault).. its great for your passenger Sat nav is good, dvd is great, sounds is better, installing digi tv to it soon, i'll update you on that.
    stay away from the cheap china and hong kong units. most of them only come in grey unless you want to waite forever to order silver or piano black and some of them you have to download your own gps software and, it does take a wile to install the unit, took ttint an hr, would have taken me 3. nice bunch of lads and they make dvd players for other cars too.. Cheak them out..

Chris Zafira.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.zafira View Post
    Wow. what can i say. just got it fitted today for £570 by ttint, Luton. yes ive heard cheaper by some people but hey.
    Only problem is that looking at the dvd players for other car makes and models, just wish the vxmmi screen can bit just a little bit bigger and i wish it didt sit so low, (astra's fault).. its great for your passenger Sat nav is good, dvd is great, sounds is better, installing digi tv to it soon, i'll update you on that.
    stay away from the cheap china and hong kong units. most of them only come in grey unless you want to waite forever to order silver or piano black and some of them you have to download your own gps software and, it does take a wile to install the unit, took ttint an hr, would have taken me 3. nice bunch of lads and they make dvd players for other cars too.. Cheak them out..

Chris Zafira.
    Despite what TTInt say the you do realise the unit is actually made in China? Yes it is okay and way better then OEM and also looks factory. I take it you got the gen2 version? and have they sorted there map updates now as the Gen 1 customers are continously moaning about it?

Status
    BUYER BEWARE - WE ADVISE CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    Despite what TTInt say the you do realise the unit is actually made in China? Yes it is okay and way better then OEM and also looks factory. I take it you got the gen2 version? and have they sorted there map updates now as the Gen 1 customers are continously moaning about it?

they know what there doing there trust me..
    and yes they use all the latest software with them
    nice bunch of lads.. they are/have moved into a new unit and are going to start doing custom exhausts..
    MK4 Astra SRi B204
    Build thread
    Comment thread

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nath_coupe View Post
    they know what there doing there trust me..
    and yes they use all the latest software with them
    nice bunch of lads.. they are/have moved into a new unit and are going to start doing custom exhausts..
    Nath_coupe, I am aware of who they are and that they have moved premises recently. And yes they are a nice bunch.

And I am also aware of both the Gen1 and Gen2 units as I have tested both and even taken both apart to see what parts were used and there differences, hence why I know exactly who manufacturers these units as it is a company I have a long history doing business with.

It still does not answer the question of if they have sorted the Navigation map updates on the older GEN1 units for there customers, as everytime I ask them, the answer is we are working on it? Of course I could update the units mapping software, for the people that have asked me but as they are not my product it is not mine to support, hence why I ask.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have no idea what Gen i have on my unit and what software i have. Lets say it could be just a lil better with the radio software. If only it could disply the radio station on my top screen and sometimes when i start the car the radio station doest work unless i press the FM/AM button, then u have to go back to fm and find ur station.
    What else does this thing do apart from yv camera and stuff. Can you load pictures on it and change the welcome picture. Mine has VXMMI when i turn on engine. I wanted a nice picture to welcome me

Chris.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just got a DVB-T off the internet and i want to hook it up to my vxmmi unit. What leads from the vxmmi do u need to use from my dvb? My dvb comes with red,yellow,white leads and red/black power leads. where do they go?