Thread: mk4 1.6 16v

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk4 1.6 16v

i have a mk4 1.6 16v and im just wondering if it is possible to get it to be as quick as the 1.8 sri.looking at the facts and figures the sri is 123bhp.mine standard is 100bhp and i have a cat back gt3 system and a vectra c inlet pipe.surely mine cant be much slower than the sri can it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Set of performance cams would probably get you there.
    How Tos . Parts For Sale
    The two most life changing experiences you'll ever have. Finding Jesus, and having a baby.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yours will be 2 seconds slower to 60mph than the 1.8 and your top speed is only about 115mph whereas the 1.8 is 125mph. 1.8 is much better in mid range pull aswell (between 50mph and 70mph) you can match it roughly by getting yours to 125bhp and 125ft/lb torque, by doing cat back exhaust, performance air filter(pipercross viper or equivelant) performance manifold, sports cat and a remap but that will only get you to a standard 1.8. anything over that and youll be looking at powerbox inlet manifolds, port and polished head and race cams, then you might have to change the internals for uprated ones ie pistons conrods ect if you want to do all this i would leave a remap till the end or youll end up having to have a second remap

in order - 1, cat back -already done. 2, performance filter. 3, exhaust manifold and sports cat. 4,port and polished head. 5, powerbox manifold/dbilas inlet manifold. 6, race cams. ,7 remap. then look at what your running. anything over 150bhp and torque you might need to change internals