Thread: 3rd service coming up :(

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3rd service coming up :(

Hi all. Im having my 3rd service soon but i know vauxhall are going to bend me over the counter and hurt me with the price.
    Where can i get a full service in london for a good price. I have a 1.9D Astra just clocked 52K
    Someone posted a full service for £200... WHERE BUDDY???? WHERES THE GARAGE????
    I also want my service book stamped. Am i asking alot do you think??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A 3rd yr service shouldn't be that much as its only a small service, unless you didn't have a full service at the 2nd service. (4 yrs or 40k - Full service). A least if you go to a Vaux garage you get it done right instead of fred in the shed messing with stuff he don't understand! Oh and make sure they only torque your sump plug to 20nm!!
    Cheap Vaux mech at your service in Herts/cambs

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car is a 2007 model and ive done 52k. Its had its 2nd service but have no idea what they did. I want the full works, all the filters, brake fluid flush. What is a sump plug?

Chris.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 1.9 is due its service this month the stealers quoted me £269 which they can spin on the robbing *******s. Booked it in at my local 'better' garage for £145 for a full service.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bfcnova View Post
    My 1.9 is due its service this month the stealers quoted me £269 which they can spin on the robbing *******s. Booked it in at my local 'better' garage for £145 for a full service.

Yer and we'll all laugh when they overtighten your sump plug. Brake your pollon filter housing door and put the wrong oil in.
    Oh and if your car is due any recalls of mods, then you wont know about it or get them done.
    Back street garages are great.
    Cheap Vaux mech at your service in Herts/cambs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badboysracing69 View Post
    Yer and we'll all laugh when they overtighten your sump plug. Brake your pollon filter housing door and put the wrong oil in.
    Oh and if your car is due any recalls of mods, then you wont know about it or get them done.
    Back street garages are great.

Im sorry but you spout complete and utter shite, I work in what you would call a " back street garage" Its not a main dealer so therefore we must have no idea what we are doing

We have cars come in for MOT's with full VX/ full Ford/ Full dealer service history and fail on SERVICEABLE items, its nothing to do with the garage, its the person who works on your car, and their ability to do the job.

But i will say i have never torqued anyones sump plug, but at the same time im not a big enough numpty to over tighten one! or need a torque wrench to tell me im gonna strip a thread!

snapping of pollen filter doors, yer a real common one too

Putting wrong oil in? do you not think that other companies other main dealers have a range of oil in stock and abook/computer program telling you what to use?

It appears you really have a narrow view of the world.
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The garage I've got it booked into isn't a 'back street garage' theres a fair few of them across the county with the same name, they all have computer systems with detailed information on what to change, what oil to use etc I'd just rather pump good money into a local garage than give it to robbing ***** who charge the end of the earth to fix/service your car.

As for recalls etc there are plenty of websites which contain information on recalls, also there is something called a telephone which in theory a person could 'phone' their robbing Vauxhall garage as possibly ask if there are any recalls, use your noggin before posting shite. Back street garage are just as good if not better than main dealerships like the previous message its the person working on the car not the garage....