Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: had car crash friday and need advice?

sxi lee

had car crash friday and need advice?

hello all i had a bad day friday as me and my family were involved in a crash.

it was on an A road at a junction where a 88 year old man pulled out on me at last second! didnt even get time to break. luckily my partner only got whip lash and my 10 month old daughter was fine. i got fractured ankle and whip lash. my golf gti is a write off and thank god i wasnt in my astra.

now ive never had an accident before and havent a clue what will happen. so fare the police have taken my statement and i have informed my insurance company who have sorted a hire car out.

what i would like to no is will i have to pay for anything? and the collision pushed me into another car which is very lightly damaged so will i loose my no claims bonus? or will it go though the person to blame? and if anyone has been through this before and got any information?

thanks.

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    Moved into the insurance section for you..

I hope it all gets sorted out asap and your ankle heals fast. Thank goodness your little one wasn't hurt, must have been a real shock

sxi lee
    Quote Originally Posted by GTE_LET View Post
    Moved into the insurance section for you..

I hope it all gets sorted out asap and your ankle heals fast. Thank goodness your little one wasn't hurt, must have been a real shock

thankyou and sorry i didnt realise we had a insurance section. yeah it was a very big shock and im just so glad she was ok, she loved all the blue flashing lights

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad there wasn't any serious injuries!! i thought it allways goes back to the person who caused the crash, so the old geezers insurance would pay for everything? thats my understanding.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yh it will all go on him...you and your partner should claim on your whiplash...use a no win no fee solicitor...i did it when i was in an accident...got £2000 compensation...definatly eased the neck n back pain..

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Injury claim should be handled via your insurance company usually.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxi-sophia View Post
    yh it will all go on him...you and your partner should claim on your whiplash...use a no win no fee solicitor...i did it when i was in an accident...got £2000 compensation...definatly eased the neck n back pain..
    i bet it did.lol.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i contacted his insurance (the guy whos fault the accident was) they recommended a solicitor and i went with them...didnt cost me a penny..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about your accident, glad there were no serious injuries. If as a result of the driver at fault, your car went into another car, the other guys insurance will claim off your insurance and your insurance will then in turn claim that back off the guy who was at fault. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it worked when my dad's van was rear ended by some lady who was using her phone. The force was so bad that he went into the car infront which in turn went into the car infront. The lady actually tried to claim it was my dads fault and that he'd reveresed into her and then subsequently driven into the people infront!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

usually if the police are involved it does help proceedings, normally your no claims bonus is frozen/removed until the claim is resolved so if your renewal is due go with the same company again as its easier to recover your no claims and any overpaid premiums when your no claims come back.

you will have to pay your excess which you should get back on resolution of the claim, We used the solicitor from the insurance company which was less hassle, as everyone says you are due injury compensation so make sure you pursue it.

from now on keep all details of phone calls and letters in a diary its easier if it does go to court.

the main thing is no lasting harm has been done to your family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast