Hello everybody and cheers to this fine community. This is my first post here, and of course, I've been reading forum extensively before posting. Still, some questions needs to be asked Also, please note that I write in Kilometers, not Miles.
My Astra details are in my signature, so pls check it.
1. Since I've bought used Astra, exported from Germany to Serbia and then from 2nd owner in Serbia, I didn't get original manual. Is there PDF version somewhere available for download, as I can't find it on Opel or VXL websites?
2. Car has automatic transmission. Automatic transmission isn't very popular in my country, so mechanics in Opel licenced services aren't quite sure after how many Km oil in transmission should be changed. Some say 40.000 Km, some say 60.000 Km and mentioning transmission oil filter changing which costs around 100 EUR. Currently, mileage is 130.000 Km and last change of transmission oil was on 84.500 Km, with no mention of oil filter change in service book. Please advise, as 100 EUR is lot of money in Serbia and in the same time, I really want to keep good maintenance of automatic gearbox.
3. After reading lots of threads and PDF 's, I'm still confused can Cruise Control can be installed into my Astra, as all of threads and PDF speaks about models with shift gear transmission. I would love to have CC if possible
4. Engine power isn't something to be excited about as it have 82 bhp. After reading many threads about tuning to get some more bhp, I'm still confused do I need chip modding box, or can it be done only with engine remapping by hooking it to notebook and tweaking some settings? I can't afford chip modding box, but I have OP-COM interface and TIS 2000 software (although I never used it) so I can find somebody experienced who could "apply recipe" for engine remapping if it's possible. In short, I need "poor man's recipe" to get few extra bhp from engine.
5. My girlfriend has Astra H MK5, which has onboard computer which tells her about fuel consumption among other things. Is something like that available for Astra G?
6. I've seen how-to PDF about installing sat nav console and putting 5" LCD in it. I have regular factory console without sat nav space and would like to put GPS device into sat nav console that I will buy if it's possible. I have 3.5", 4.3" and 5" GPS devices and all of them are powered by cigarrete adapter to USB 5V power. Maps and software runs from SD card which is installed to GPS device from the side. So, if I put GPS device into sat nav console just to have screen showing out of console as shown on PDF guide, I will not be able to remove SD card from GPS to have maps and software update. If somebody did installment of standalone GPS device into sat nav console, I would be very grateful to get some advices and how-to's.
Now, there's lots of questions and I'm sure most of them are already answered to, but please have patience to at least point me to the threads with answers. My English is quite ok, but I don't have much experience in cars and car things jargon. Beer on me for everybody visiting this year's Exit festival in Novi Sad, as I know that many of people from island comes here every year
Thank you in advance and thank you for having patience to read this