Thread: Astra Mk4 1998-2004 lowest CO2 (less than 120g/km)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Mk4 1998-2004 lowest CO2 (less than 120g/km)

The reason for this post:

I am a full-time student who got divorced in Novemeber 2009 with 2 kids and ex-wife (obviously!)
    She kept the car but now it's dead, we're both skint so I need to get the best fuel consumption with lowest road tax (and insurance group too - actually between groups 3 and 5 there's probably not much difference so not too bothered about insurance - just thought I'd mention it!)

the key things are a)fuel consumption and b)road tax

life's a bit of a struggle at the moment!

Anyway...

...Does anyone know which Astra Mk4 is the one that qualifies for £35 a year road tax?

vehicles in this bracket produce between 101-120g of CO2/km (carbon dioxide) - cars that are in band B or C

a strange system in that cars producing 121g/km (band D) and over get charged £120 which is a massive hike!! (and it just gets worse after that)

if you go to http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk (a Government website so not commercial) you can see a link for used car search - I found this one but how do i know which Astra 1.7 that really is?

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/sea...s.asp?id=25087

would it be from the engine code or what?

these cars are selling from £800 to £1600 for 2000 - 2001 cars. NEED to get the right one.

can anyone help (will probably need a real geek or savvy dude/dudess)

thanks for your time all.

PS. i think you have to have a 2001 car or newer to get the £35 tax!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ALSO

does this car have a timing belt (cambelt) as opposed to timing chain, and if a belt then when/how often should it be changed?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 1.7 cdti is £90 if you find an eco4 1.7dti/cdti model itll be in the lower band and theres a timing belt on them

eco4 dti
    eco4 cdti

sorry didnt read your post fully the one youve linked is a eco4 itll be a LS spec mk4