Thread: Just Smashed Up My Astra :(

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just Smashed Up My Astra :(

Well Just smashed up my astra cant believe it. Was doing about 40mph down a country road with my girl friend next to me went to go round a bend and then my back end decided to come out. Back end went smashing into a verge which then sent my front end flying up onto the verge ripping off my newly sprayed front bumper and splitter . Ended up in the middle of the road facning horizontal. When it came to driving it home i discovered the radiator was pissing out water and to just drive it straight i had to hold the wheel a good quater of a turn to the right also felt like the rear end was flying about everywhere. Cant believe it has happened absoloutly gutted just had a irmscher kit sprayed for it, had only fitted the front splitter but that came flying off the front bumper and is now scrated up to hell . Will look at it in more detail in the moring but is looking like a insurance jobie .
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Sorry to hear that mate, was the road icey at all? My ABS kicked in other night when I was slowing on a country road from 60 to 30, big shock, didn't expect it as road is normally gritted!

I know its mega cold out tonight as well!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah it was hence going a steady 40. abs or the traction control didnt kick in at all- i think- just completely lost it
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gutted for you mate, hope its not to bad, and repairable, least you are your girlfriend ok, thats the main thing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear about that, things like this happen and glad you are able to walk away from it, I assume both you and your girlfriend are ok? It could have ended up a lot worse and cars can be replaced, you cant. Is the only bodwork damage the bumper or what is the full extent of the damage, it might be repairable.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Gutted to hear that mate, hope you can get it sorted through insurance - is the bumper/splitter and other mods declared on insurance?
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Sorry to here that mate
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Sorry to hear about that, things like this happen and glad you are able to walk away from it, I assume both you and your girlfriend are ok? It could have ended up a lot worse and cars can be replaced, you cant. Is the only bodwork damage the bumper or what is the full extent of the damage, it might be repairable.

Yes thanks were both okay. Cant see to much in the dark but my front bumper is anhaliated nothing i know and the radiator was absouloutly p***ing out water and like i said had to drive it with the whell quater of a turn to the right just so it drove straight

Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    Gutted to hear that mate, hope you can get it sorted through insurance - is the bumper/splitter and other mods declared on insurance?

nope put them on december and was going to put them on when the renewal was due (end of next month) over wise my dad would not let me put them on .
    SRi-T Bio HERE
    SRi-T Feedback HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not good fella, as said though at least no one was hurt. Even though car sounds in a pretty bad way, fingers crossed it's all repairable.
    Mk5 2.0l turbo sri. now dead
    but riding around in a mk6 2.0l cdti sri

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XZiZTeNCe View Post
    Yes thanks were both okay. Cant see to much in the dark but my front bumper is anhaliated nothing i know and the radiator was absouloutly p***ing out water and like i said had to drive it with the whell quater of a turn to the right just so it drove straight

nope put them on december and was going to put them on when the renewal was due (end of next month) over wise my dad would not let me put them on .

Depending on the extent of the damage it could be back on the road for a couple of hundred quid which may be less than your insurance excess. You can usually pick up a bumper from a scrapyard for next to nothing and the steering wheel issue might just be damaged trad rod/ends. You may have also damaged your rear beam, if your willing to do the work yourself it should be pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast