Thread: Induction, race tube, or back box. What would improve the performance and sound most?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow Induction, race tube, or back box. What would improve the performance and sound most?

Hi there, I am slightly new to this, and after recently purchasing my 5dr Astra 1.6 2005, I am looking into all possible modifications.
    I have just purchased a rear boot spoiler and am in the process of getting it sprayed. I am currently looking into body kits, lowering springs, and possible new alloys.
    However as well as improving the bodywork, I am also interested in the cars sound and performance. I was wondering, what would be the best option to improve the cars sound. Please can anyone give advice to whether an:
    - Induction kit
    - Race tube
    - Performance back box
    would improve the sound and performance the most. And considering that I am only 17 and only passed my test back in June 2009, which would alter my insurance by the least amount. I would really appreciate any help that can be given. Many thanks, Justin.
    Astra H1.62005

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if sound is ur ultimate goal then all 3

if performance is your concern then the last 2 and opt for an enclosed induction kit or just a standard airbox with enlarged air intake etc

ive had a few induction kits over the years - the latest was a monster cone on my Z20LET (see garage for pics) this sounded brilliant but the heatsoak was too much for me and seriously killed performance

All depends what ur after at the end of the day - on a 1.6 the difference between an induction kit and a standard setup wont be a massive amount therefore you could probs live with the heatsoak - on mine however it sapped a stupidly amount of power and bogged it right down... not good!

only thing u can realistically do is fit one, trial it over a good period of time - monitor it and then compare it to the traditional setup then make ur mind up.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if your really after sound and performance, forget the cone filter, as said above just creates heat soak. a race tube and backbox from cybox will over power the engine noise anyway.

just performance, cybox stainless exhaust with silenced centre section, and a veccy c air intake. some people derestrict the airbox, but others find it better with restrictors in. theres a sticky at the top of the n/a forum.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for all the help guys.
    Astra H1.62005