Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you generally a laid back or aggressive person?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Are you generally a laid back or aggressive person?

Something i wondered today - not about you lot but just about people in general i suppose

I find i'm quite an aggressive/angry person & i've not really noticed it until recently, but now that i have, i notice it more and more.

I let things "bother" me incredibly. I'm very easily wound up.

We've a new bloke in at work (i say new, he's back for the 2nd time). He's doing his best to antagonise people. His little condescending comments irritate me immensely (as does poor manners in general). They don't just bug me a bit, but i find myself letting loose on folk with poor manners instead of just letting it fly over my head.

So already wound up tonight, i head home & hit the roundabout near my home. Left lane for straight on, right lane for hitting the motorway. I'm in the left behind someone. They enter the roundabout slowly, and progress very slowly. I'm starting to boil. They approach the exit they should be taking, but decide not to take it & head to the motorway instead which is totally incorrect. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast on the horn. Wound me up.

On the topic of cars & roundabouts - there's one in town that is marked up in the road which lane you need to be in. Right for the hospital (or doubling back on yourself) left for either the 1st exit, or the 2nd (straight on). Pretty idiotproof you'd think.
    The amount of people cutting in across the hashes near the traffic island on the 2nd exit it incredible. They do it at the last minute also. Winds me up no end. I find myself putting my foot down (within the limit as you've not enough time to speed tbh) to cut them off. If they run into the island then tough.

& it's this aggressiveness that i've just started noticing more & more & although i don't really like it, i find i'm not really able to do much about it.

Even though i used 2 driving examples, it's not just limited to driving - so no, it's not JUST road rage.

So are you quite a laid back type of person or find yourself wanting to carve somebody up just for being in the same room as you? As stupid as it sounds, i was thinking of looking into professional "help" as i don't like the amount of 'anger' i seem to be carrying around. lol.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I'm more patient these days than I used to be but I think that has come with age now I'm getting on a bit. I still bite sometimes but not as often as I used to.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Im a bit of both - can be hot headed at times, but at the same time can be chilled
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i feel more laid back than when i was in my 20's but at the same time i have less patients,must just be getting older than most on here,lol.
    if i wanted to be right all the time i would change my title to mrs ledster

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am too laid back. Some people say if I was any more laid back I would be horizontal LOL

White is the new Black

FARMYARD TUNING

LEH IS THE FUTURE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im pretty chilled most of the time, takes something pretty big to make angry but when i do flip its a big hissy fit then back to being chilled haha

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to admit, I get wound up pretty easily, sometimes over the smallest and pettiest things. Their have been times, I think I may need to go on a anger management course or something.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Normally I'm pretty laid back but I get annoyed fairly easy and start shouting and swearing

Most of the time im chilled out though
    Flame Red 2002-02 Mk4 1.6 SXi RIP
    Flame Red 1997-R Corsa 1.4 8v
    Back in an Astra Silver 2000-X Mk4 CD 1.6 16v

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so laid back I'm falling over.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also get angry very quickly, sometimes over stupid things that once I've calmed down again I laugh and realize how stupid it was to let it effect me like that.

But then other times or some things that I probably should get worked up about I couldnt care about! I put it down to me working a lot and generally not having a lot of time to do what I like, As I only have 1 day a week spare I feel like im always on a catch up to try to get everything done that is required by/for a family
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast