Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Modding Questions

Hi guys,

Just a couple of questions to help me out as I am a complete noob when it comes to modding.

Ive got a 2001 Astra 1.7DTI LS and on Thursday I'm going to local scrappy to get hold of the Veccy C Pipe... Can I check, am I asking for a Vectra C Air Inlet Pipe... is that correct? Any particular model I need to get this off?

Also I'm going to de-restrict the airbox too, no problems with that although with regards to the air panel filter... where does that go? Does that fit in the actual Airbox?

Also with the air panel filter, is there any type I need to get?

Links much appreciated!

Thanks

Lew

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have a look on the "How to" sections for the part numbers of the Veccy intake and adapter, then check out a website like www.vauxhallworldaprts.com and search for the part, rather than risking getting a shoddy one from a nakered vectra.

Any panel filter will be fine, (K&N, pipercross etc) just check it fits your airbox. Ebay is the way forward. This just replaces your standard filter. (some say this is pointless really but worth a go) Just search ebay for the marque and engine of your car.

As for the de-restricting. The guide on the forum is spot on, so just follow instructions on there.

Hope this helps a little!