Thread: astra 1.6 8v 1999

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra 1.6 8v 1999

hi there,having problems with my astra!! i have a major flat spot at aprox 2,000 revs she is well looked after regulary serviced,cam belt changed all filters have been changed too. only 62,000 miles, emisson tests passed she is not a fast car but she is struggling with power,she is fine once she reaches 3,000 revs she seems to get her poke back but driving her today she seems really poorly..no engine managment light on either..can any one help?? she is really sick..have noticed that she hates 95 unleaded but runs well on 97 unleaded (i say well but still flat spot) please advise me what can be tryed next..she is due for a clutch as she has clutch judder would this be a cause??? cheers guys look forward to some replies x

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    1.6 8v suffer with EGR problems when they get carboned up, same goes for the throttle body/injector unit. you could try cleaning both out, but if the EGR is jammed with carbon then it will need a Delphi unit replacement

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks we are going to try your advise and see what happens the EGR has been mentioned in the forum quite a lot as well as the throttle body.. wish me luck!! do you think the clutch judder may also be a part of this?? thanks for ur support x win x i will let you no the outcome

Status
    Tech Advisor/Moderator
    Mentioned in
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    240 Post(s)
    as long as the clutch is not slipping, it should not affect your performance

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the dreaded flat spot

hi again..thottle body looks spot on! still not checked EGR..but drove her today omg!! could not even get 50mph out of her clutch juder quite bad thoe. i need to mention that last week some one hit my car!! going through insurance at mo but what can be seen its just paint work could this be a knock on affect as he hit passenger side rear..our there sensors in fuel tank??? probably sounds daft but need to question this..but the flat spot as liturally turned to lack of power..put her on bypass today n she just found it really hard to get up to 50mph(didnt push too hard cause she sick!) grrr my old man is a mechanic and even he is scratching his head as everything seems so good with rest of car..can get to diagnostic machine but there is no engine managment light on...could it be the result front clutch judder?? the accident n fuel tank?? could it be head gasket?? had mayo year before last but cured it with new themostat and water pump?!!! help please need to pick some brains xx