Thread: Exhaust Emission warning light on Vauxhall Astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust Emission warning light on Vauxhall Astra

Hi,
    I have Vauxhall Astra Life 2006, Patrol (Twin Port/Easytronic/semi-automatic).

Suddenly today i see that Exhaust Emission Light was on the dash board. Started to worry thinking about cost of repair etc.. becuase i rarely use my vehicle may be a mile in a day.

By searching in the site i saw an useful link (http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?204740-exhaust-emission-light-problem) to identify the fault code. With the help of steps in link i could find that fault codes as P0302 and P1700. Althoug i could get the fault code i can't understand any thing out of it. Very much appreciated if some one can tell me what the problem in normal words and how much would it cost to repair. I don't want to go Vauxhall to get sorted as they just try to mint money as much as possible.

Also wondering if i can my car with this problem not getting repaired as i don't find any difference in driving the vehicle with the Exhaust emission light on.

Additionaly, Looking at some link Error code explains like this and not sure what it meant.
    P0302....Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
    P1700....Malfunction Indicator Lamp requested by trans control module

Thanks,
    Sudhir

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Check the reader plug under the car is connected, towards the front. often bumps its way lose or isnt reconnected after work under the car. its located in the centre of the car between the front wheels.
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Donny, tried to check but there were many connections very diffucult which one to identify.

I have just spoken to a garrage person, he say 0302 is minor one but he is worried about 1700 as it might turn up very expensive to fix. What do you think.

Some garrage people say they can't find the fault code in the computer at all.