Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy speed sensor confusion

ok guys, i've got a bit of an issue...

a few weeks ago, my ABS and TC light came on when i sent over a bump, then if i turned the car off and back on again, the lights went out... then it got a bit worse and no matter how fast i was going, if i braked, the ABS would kick in and then both lights would come on and the ABS and TC would (obviously) turn off and so the pedal would feel fine... and then the speedo started flickering about too, then stopped for a few day, then would work for a few mins and stop again

so i took my car to my usual garage, plugged in their snap-on reader thing and it said "incorrect speed signal from front right wheel"

so, which is the front right? is it the right wheel when IN the car, or when looking at the car?

i got under that car (it was over the MOT pit at the time) couldn't see anything, followed the wires and felt nothing odd (on either side)

went out for a drive- everything fine... damn intermittent faults!

i assumed the speed was read from the passenger side, so took the wheel off, had a proper look att he wires and found the connection to the hub was no more... well, there were 2 wires coming out fot he hub, and onyl one went anywhere, which i'm assuming is NOT correct!

so, i thought, ok, at least i know what the issue is, that'd be why the speedo doesn't work and would explain the TC and ABS light

but no

went to work today, and my speedo suddenly started working again... all the way to work... and most of the way back home again, til it fluttered about and now just sits on 0 again...

obviously, i need to replace the passenger hub due to there only being one wire connected with no hope of sorting the broken wire (there's nothing there to even solder to) but where's the speedo getting it's reading from?

or does that come from the drivers side and i need to replace BOTH hubs??

sorry for the long post, just wanted to give as much background as i could to try and help you understand the situation

thanks in advance

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm assuming it's the drivers side mate. Your sat in the right hand side of the car when you drive.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i thought speed signal is from the passenger hub? sorry i cant help with your problem but id start by replacing that hub and see how you go
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Check Control, Speed Locking