Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Legal-stance with garage that has refurbished my alloy wheels

Hi there,

I recently had some work carried out on my alloy wheels for my car. These alloys were split rim alloys with a number of bolts (20 in total) around the outside of the rim). I had them refurbished and put back onto my car. I have been driving it since and found a strange nosie coming from the car so I took it to a garage.

The garage told me that whoever had done the work on my alloy wheels had split a number of bolts (4-8 in total) around the edges of the wheels and glued them back together and glued them back into place. These have then come lose and worn away on the alloy causing further damage.

My question is, what can I do regarding my position with these alloy wheels, as this garage have caused damage to my car and could have possibly endangered me if the alloys had split whilst driving.
    Any help would be brilliant.

Many thanks,

Adam Walker

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Approach the garage who did the work initially and raise your concerns, give them a chance to address the issue. If they don't, or you are not happy with their offerings, speak to your local Trading Standards who will be able to provide advice and guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to step in on your behalf if required, they did this for me on two occasions and will generally only do this if they are happy there is an issue that they can help with.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How long ago did you get the work done?

Id just drop in a see them. Tell them whats happened and tell them your not happy.

See what happeneds.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nry View Post
    Approach the garage who did the work initially and raise your concerns, give them a chance to address the issue. If they don't, or you are not happy with their offerings, speak to your local Trading Standards who will be able to provide advice and guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to step in on your behalf if required, they did this for me on two occasions and will generally only do this if they are happy there is an issue that they can help with.

Do this...iv had to use trading standards before and they do REALLY help you out and give you all the legal ins and outs...if they can