Thread: Marshall Vauxhall Ipswich

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Marshall Vauxhall Ipswich

Any of you guys bought your cars from them? I've had my car about three years and have still go a couple of months payments left on it. However out of the blue I had a phonecall from the salesman who sold he car to me this evening wanting to know if I still had it would I sell it back to them!! LOL

I reminded him of the fact that I still had payments left and he just went 'oh'! Anyway he is going to see if he can do me a deal on a newer one......I told him it would need to be a bloody good deal. Particularly as I've just had the stereo upgraded and now bought the new grill!!

Anybody else heard anything from them? I personally suspect that they are running low on commission this month being January........

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a good sale tech,you are use to your monthly payments and the salesmen see's£££ in his eyes,go to see them and see what they can do.
    if i wanted to be right all the time i would change my title to mrs ledster

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    He says he is going to get a settlement figure and then see what kind of deal he can do. I'm still unsure about it all really, don't want to land myself with loads of debt basically still paying off a car that I don't have anymore if that makes sense??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my car from Pentagon Vauxhall just over 2 years ago, not so long ago I got a letter stating they could give me a newer car for no extra cost per month! Interesting I thought what car are they offering a 1.2SXI Corsa for £160 per month, mmm I bought my car cash so its going to cost me more and why would I go from a 2Ltr turbo to a 1.2 even if I did want to downsize I wouldnt go that far.

I know it was probably just a generalized letter with my name added to the top but it did make me laugh!!
    Mk4 Sri-T with Milltek resonated cat-back exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    My Mum got the same from the garage she bought her Renault Scenic from a few years back.

But, what ever they are offering, ask if its open to just you, or if its open to friends and family! My Mum got hers at the time Ash was looking for her Astra, and the guy when he called to ask if she received it told her that anyone my Mum knows could use it to gain the discount they were offering!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what do you drive?

I'm thinking of changing my coupe for a MK5 this year
    and if marshalls are trying to shift stock it maybe my time to shine and get in there with some nice tidy savings

Marshalls seem fairly reasonable guys, some of their salesmen are great, really helpful.
    also they dont seem too bothered about a scruffy young lad turning up in a coupe wanting to climb all over the VXRacing edition astras :P

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went into Marshalls just to have a go in a VXR (never driven one) and they made me wait nearly half an hour whilst they went through all of the finance details (bearing in mind I'm just browsing in their eyes) just to make sure I can afford it before they let me. I walked out in the end

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam View Post
    I went into Marshalls just to have a go in a VXR (never driven one) and they made me wait nearly half an hour whilst they went through all of the finance details (bearing in mind I'm just browsing in their eyes) just to make sure I can afford it before they let me. I walked out in the end
    Thats awful! Nearly as bad as when my mum went to merc in ipswich as they had a car she wanted in the spec she wanted. They told her to come back with her husband and they would talk! I couldn't believe it when she told me! She doesnt even have a husband! She went to Bury St Eds dealership in the end.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resu View Post
    what do you drive?

I'm thinking of changing my coupe for a MK5 this year
    and if marshalls are trying to shift stock it maybe my time to shine and get in there with some nice tidy savings

Marshalls seem fairly reasonable guys, some of their salesmen are great, really helpful.
    also they dont seem too bothered about a scruffy young lad turning up in a coupe wanting to climb all over the VXRacing edition astras :P
    They were ok when I bought the car orginally. They didn't mind me and my accountant (mother!) asking loads of questions about the finance package etc etc. However he hasn't called me back yet so I suspect they couldn't put together a deal that they thought I would accept!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmads View Post
    Thats awful! Nearly as bad as when my mum went to merc in ipswich as they had a car she wanted in the spec she wanted. They told her to come back with her husband and they would talk! I couldn't believe it when she told me! She doesnt even have a husband! She went to Bury St Eds dealership in the end.
    Ipswich Mercedes are bloody rude to customers, I'd never buy a car from them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast