Thread: My new Strutbrace

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking My new Strutbrace

ive finaly managed to get a OMP front upper strut brace,it took a while because i really wanted a OMP one to match my OMP lower strutbrace and after i rang OMP them selfs they said they didnt make one for my car and they said they would reccomend a whiteline one but then i found a company who sells OMP strut braces for my car which left me confused but i ordered it anyway so 2 days later it turned up heres a few piccies

just one thing tho,if anyone is thinking of buying one(im no slagging OMP off)be aware that they need modifing to fit especially where it goes over the brake fluid resivoir as i had to put it in the press to flatten it of a bit but good news is that i didnt have to move he fuse box atall.

heres another picture to show how low the lower strutbrace is

after driving it,it seems to be alot stiffer and less flex so all iall im really happy with it

what do guys/gals think?
    #- Astra 1.8 16v SRi -#

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks good

have u still got the old omp one?

im still intrigued as to how your 1.8 is different - i appreciate all u say and dont doubt u in anyway i just wasnt aware the logistics under the bonnet were different when it came to the brake res that appears to be causing problems before

i still dont see how u can live with that lower one!!!! scary stuff

i must admit i like the way it sneaks in nicely behind the fuseboxes unlike most which are dead straight unlike ur offset ones (strut mounts i mean)

definitely a good design and ur right to be chuffed!

whats the model number of your one and the old one you had?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers geordie but not sure what u mean because ive only ever had the lower strutbrace and now this upper one but i dont know if its my luck or im just useless at fitting things but i had to modify the lower strutbrace to fit and now ive had to modify this one to fit but when i went to fit it,it just wouldnt fit over the brake fluid resivoir but after i flattend it a bit i got it to fit but its still tight on the resivoir cap but it fits which is the main thing

oh and yeh i gringe every time i go over a speed bump waiting for the lower strutbrace to catch but it hasnt caught anythink yet

geordie what strutbrace have you got,have you got the whiteline one and what was that like to fit
    #- Astra 1.8 16v SRi -#