Thread: some one has hit my car!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

some one has hit my car!

Well as you might have guessed from the rather obvious thread title, someone has crashed into my car last night..... and drove off without leaving any details. So I wake up this morning to find the back end of my car about a foot closer to the kerb than where I left it the previous night. ( I'd parked about a foot from the kerb, cos i couldn't see it in the snow, and i didn't want to damage my alloys.

When I went out the back wheel was tight to the kerb, and the other side, well the pictures say the rest.... back door is a right mess, it shuts, but the top doesn't seal now and it leaks

Not too bad, fixable. I thought to myself, maybe £100 to fix it at the most.
    It wasn't until daylight arrived was I able to notice that the back passenger wheel wasn't how it should be and now appears to be bent inwards, no doubt from the force of being shoved into the kerb

I was gonna go the the scrap yard tomorrow, and get a new door, but it looks like I am gonna have to get the car up on the ramps at a local garage to ascertain whether it now needs a new rear beam or rear bearing or something.....
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra Van 1.7 DTI
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that mate, did you not hear anyhting?

Mark

MK4 Astra Van 1.7 DTI Sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no, didnt hear anything, went to bed at 12am got up at 7am and thats when i noticed it, plus my bedroom is at the back of the house, rather than the front

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that is awful poor little astra, I feel your pain mate, I'd be furious/gutted if that happened to me! *hug* Hope you manage to get her sorted hun.

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate,someone ran into my bakquarter last month a wee bit worse than yours,mk 4 sri cost 300,that was a bak street gaarage good job cant complain check my motor,yours should be 250 i think if you shop about good luck

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheapchallenge View Post
    that is awful poor little astra, I feel your pain mate, I'd be furious/gutted if that happened to me! *hug* Hope you manage to get her sorted hun.

Kirsty
    Thanks Kirsty *hugs back* I was rather upset to say the least about this, whats more annoying is though that if I went through the insurance, they'd only write it off and I'd loose my no claims, so I'm gonna fix it myself or get people to give me a hand doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dee76 View Post
    Hi mate,someone ran into my bakquarter last month a wee bit worse than yours,mk 4 sri cost 300,that was a bak street gaarage good job cant complain check my motor,yours should be 250 i think if you shop about good luck
    Hi mate, thats bad, that things like this happen. Luckily the arch and cill are fine, the cill has a small scratch dent in it. The door I have been quoated £15 for a second hand replacement, I can get the paint for about £26 and a friend who is a spray painter could do it for me. Its the rear beam thats the worst part, though I've been quoted £50 for a rear beam from a 1.6 Sport, so its on discs
    Hopefully get it back on the road for about £150 maybe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its a bummer someone hit your car matey.

but i guess if you getting a rear beam from a 1.6 sport, you measwel do the disc conversion lol?

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludshot View Post
    but i guess if you getting a rear beam from a 1.6 sport, you measwel do the disc conversion lol?
    indeed! every cloud has a silver lining just check with someone about the handbrake setup as apparently there is a certain way to do it when you change to rear disks on a mk3, can't remember what but someone here will know.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Kirsty for the input, I looked on ebay, and according to the listing, i spotted for goodridge hoses they fit all models except GSi, so from that i pressume the flexi's will be the same, just the handbrake cable will be different

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Some people are just born to be skcoc which is something we can't do anything about, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear it pal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast