Thread: My Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Astra Coupe Turbo

I thought i would start a thread showing from start to now how my coupe has changed over the 6-7 months ive had it.
    its still not done but its getting there slowly.
    anyway, lets start at the begining.

I bought it in May 2008, its was more or less standard, just had ebc front discs and greenstuff pads and that was it, it had 47k on it, full leather, heated too, traction control.
    The only mark was on the bonnet that garage did when mot'ing but thats getting sorted this monday but more on that later

How it was when i got it May 08

Later in May 08 i thought it was about time i started marking changes,

Nice and low

I also fitted regal's hard pipe and bailey dumpvalve

Before i knew it June 08 was here and i wanted to do alittle more to the coupe, so thought, fmic and some samcos and blueflame 3inch turbo back exhaust along with 200cell sport cat

I also got a set of BK999 alloys and it changed the whole look at the car, so i went out for some pics

In July i sold the BK999 and bought a new set of alloys but when i got them and offered one up it didnt suit the car one bit, so i sold them and bought a pair of BK999 again that had been refurbed and painted in anthracite

In August i thought i would fit a GSI front bumper. one came up on the for a good price so i ordered that and the fogs and grills and sent the bumper up to alocal guy who does quality painting and he did a great job on it, and wa really pleased with it.
    When we took coupe bumper off to fit the fmic one of the bumper clips near the wing broke off and we couldnt get it to line up right so fitting a gsi bumper was just right

bumper fitted and it changed the whole look of the car again!

I didnt do anything else with the coupe till November 08 when i thought a set of eye brows and shark fin would be a nice little touch, i dont think they came out to bad. I also changed the front grill for a OPC grill, which looks alot better and matches the with the bumper mesh.

Dec 08, i ordered a powerflex gearbox mount and thought i would remove my boot badges and fit a opel badge.
    A month before we bought a 4poster life which makes working under the car alot easier and what better chance to give it a try fitting my powerflex mount.
    I nice big piece of wood came in handy to support the engine when the mount was taken off.

a nice clean boot with opel badge

Well Christmas came and so did alot of snow, and boy is the coupe pants in snow!! Jan 2010
    Anyway i ordered some grooved and drilled back discs so they matches my front ones, ive also got some goodridge braided lines to fit but need to mark some copper lines up to fit them so ive ordered a brake flaring kit and all parts needed, they should be arriving this week.

And thats it for now.
    As i said at the start there was a bad mark on my bonnet near the passager side headlights, it almost looks like a burn, so on Monday 18th its booked in at the garage who sprayed my front bumper to have the bonnet sorted and it blended into the wings. it should look good as new when its done.
    The through the rest of the year im after a whiteline rarb, slight taller rear spoiler, rear bumper corners splitters. Im also thinking about a VXR turbo, injectors and airflow metre and upgrade from stage 2 map to 3.
    All in good time, hope you liked reading through this, feel free to comment, many thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well ive been alittle bored with how the engine bay of my coupe looked, i thought it looked alittle dull and was lacking something.
    I wanted something that would stand out, and looks funky.
    So i ordered a new inlet tophat, i also wanted to get rid of the crossover pipe as its a pain for heat soak so i got a astra H cdti airbox as this has both inlet and outlet on the same side.
    Then i need a colour, i thought about matching all my hoses to colour of car, then red etc etc. after much thought i decided, ORANGE!
    so ordered new hoses from roose motorsport (good guys they are top quality hoses too) some polished goodies then had my rocker cover painted orange.
    I think the results are great, it really does look totally different and it does stand out too.
    anyway a few pics,
    Before

After

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i thought i would update my thread

ive changed my rims, i use to have bk999 in anthracite and i felt i wanted a change, something different, so i went for some lambo gallardo replicas, got them refurbed into anthracite and i really like them alot, suit the to a T i think.
    Ive also fitted a Irmscher DTM rear spoiler and rear bumper corner splitters, really happy with those too.

here is a few pics if taken over the past few months