Thread: Swift cover

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Swift cover

Does anyone have any experience of this company? I'm looking to change to a MK5 1.7 CDTi soon, and Adrian Flux quoted me £833.50 TPFT but Swift Cover gave me a quote of approx £780 fully comp!

I'd just like to know what their policy is on modifications (almost everything I do will be cosmetic, apart from the possibility of a DTUK green box in the future).
    MK5 Design 1.9 CDTi 150 Sporthatch
    My Garage

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive used them and never had an issue, but they are a little bit patchy on mods. They leave bits like alloys upto £1000 at no extra charge in their t&c's, but there is no facility to actually inform them what you have. I would recommend an insurer with whom you can actually speak to and confirm what you have and get a price based on it!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i was with swift for 3yrs, good points is they cheap,u dont need to inform if u add alloys or and stainless exhaust as long under a grand, but u not allowed to lower a car which seems daft as ur allowed a stainless zorst, they didnt know what a intercooler was, never got back 2 me when i asked bout adding one,lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ah right that sounds ok. I'd like to lower it really, but if they won't allow it for the price I've been quoted I think I'll probably rip their arm off! I'd like to see if flux can beat it though.

When I spoke to flux yesterday I was told that a 1.7 CDTi Mk5 was a much higher insurance group than my current 2.0 Di MK4? Does anyone know if this is true?
    MK5 Design 1.9 CDTi 150 Sporthatch
    My Garage

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been with them for about 18 months. Stupid cheap, nobody else got close. I changed the alloys a few months ago, slightly wider but same diameter, rang up and as already stated, less than a grand so not bothered.
    Black 2.0 DTi SXI Mk 4 3 door

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    serious problems when it comes to making a non fault claim took ages and still went through as a 50/50 part fault claim

plus when i phoned them to change my car they didnt update details on there system and was nearly in court for no insurance

personaly i wouldnt go near them ever again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    why didnt u update online?i always update online,less hassle, swift cover usually in top 3 of best insurance companies

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    been with them almost 2 years now, so much cheaper than anyone else, wish i found these guys many years ago, and if you look on there site you will get to a bit that tells you what they do and do not cover, in the way of mods.

So much better doing it online than sitting on the phone for about an hour waiting to speak to someone.
    NOW SOLD! Astra G 1.6 16V, 10000k HID kit, GSI Spoiler, Tinted windows, Coilovers,
    Aberdeen area diagnostics PM me.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by welsh-andy View Post
    why didnt u update online?i always update online,less hassle, swift cover usually in top 3 of best insurance companies
    i was in the middle of a dispute with virgin media at the time and had no internet so had to phone them lol

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelslain View Post
    Ah right that sounds ok. I'd like to lower it really, but if they won't allow it for the price I've been quoted I think I'll probably rip their arm off! I'd like to see if flux can beat it though.

When I spoke to flux yesterday I was told that a 1.7 CDTi Mk5 was a much higher insurance group than my current 2.0 Di MK4? Does anyone know if this is true?
    Hi,

Would you like me to organise a callback to discuss the cheaper quote you have had?

All I will need is your Name and Postcode and Contact Number and the best time to call you.
    I can also make sure your membership to this forum is included as well.
    Regards,
    Dan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast