Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it Possible to take legal action?!.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it Possible to take legal action?!.

Having driven to work again today in what can only be described as worsening conditions.. I wanted to know, is it possible to sue your Local Authority, Council or even Company in the result of injury from an accident in the snow after being forcefully persuaded to come to work against your better judgement??...

It snowed again lastnight, and whilst Birmingham wasn't hit as hard as some parts of the country, due to all this cafuffle about gritting levels and a reduction of the roads being gritted. This has left quite a fair few roads dangerous like you wouldn't believe!!...

Due to the economic climate / recession and the fear of losing ones job, companies are insisting on workers arriving at work, and people are being pressured into taking risks insight of this.

What would be the legal stance??....
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Its only Snow, and I have been able to get from one side of Birmingham to another today!

My Dad commented yesterday on the state of todays world, about how years ago they never had days of school due to the snow (even when the snow was worse than it is at present), and people cleared paths for each other and roads etc.

Ok he is old and its always "when I was a lad" but he has got a point, its disgrace full that the people of this country not only need the smallest excuss in the world to not go to work but then feel the need to blame some one else for their mistakes.

Not directly having a go at you MrStush but I have had enough of "oh the snow has caused problems" - I have had it with deliveries for work, sending a parcel in the post, my nephews not going to school (they live opposite the school), things not being in stock when you want them, Sarah's work load at school trippling because other teachers in her department not turning up, Lads that work for me being 3 hours late etc etc

All because of the snow! As my Dad said last night god help us if we had to go into a war.

He has a good point.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You wouldn't get anywhere with a legal persuit. Can you imagine how many they would have if it were to be possible.

Besides as Mat says, people should stop bloody whinging and start clearing snow themselves, people are too reliant on gritters these days, we're a right lazy bunch.

I'll be working but from home as I'm a rep so I'm normally on the road all day. Fortunately our boss prefers to keep us off the road when the weather is like it is so we keep the cars and ourselves in one piece so it will be a day of emails and phonecalls for me.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Makes me laugh that it causes this much disruption.
    we have a culture of blame someone else, if you HAD to work you would go, walk, bike even.

I dont think you have a case at all, thankfully i doubt there is a lawsuit against weather and the knock on effects

My wifes gone in to school only to find out the 6 formers are in but no one else.
    I have to work from home as i coach sports outside so ive done naff all since after christmas

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but apparently if you fall on a footpath in the snow you can file a claim against your local authority for not making the footpath safe to walk on., so is this not the case on there roads ( i wunder)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Arggh

Issue is people have Eyes i can tell if i shouldnt walk for risk of slipping and if i do then its a risk ive took

We asses risks everyday do i walk out in front of this bus, no ill wait.

Snow falls and everyone start slipping over we thats a chance so ill wear better footwear

Council cant grit every footpath and road in the UK my milkmans done his job today and no doubt many people will carry on

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Work has been a nightmare too. Yes one or 2 days been bad (last Thursday only 2 people inc me came in) but had heavy layer of snow, its just the week of delay for deliveries that then put you back by 2weeks and annoys the customer.
    Yes it is snow, but give it a decade ago i dont remember the country coming to a standstill (i still went to school on heavy snow)
    Just a Health & safety nanny state we live in now, and sueing is for Americans
    Disclaimer - some of the above text may actually be sarcasm (believe it or not!)

Astra 02, SRi 1.8i - Irmscher'd up (a bit) with Zebra front bumper

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    If my work chose to send me home then id be in the car in a heartbeat, lol.
    Honda Civic Type R

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
    You wouldn't get anywhere with a legal persuit. Can you imagine how many they would have if it were to be possible.

Besides as Mat says, people should stop bloody whinging and start clearing snow themselves, people are too reliant on gritters these days, we're a right lazy bunch.

I'll be working but from home as I'm a rep so I'm normally on the road all day. Fortunately our boss prefers to keep us off the road when the weather is like it is so we keep the cars and ourselves in one piece so it will be a day of emails and phonecalls for me.
    then if someone slips on a public pavement you may have cleared and not done correctly you could be liable to be sued

crap nation of suing but the brutal truth, so dont bother to be safe!
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haulme View Post
    then if someone slips on a public pavement you may have cleared and not done correctly you could be liable to be sued

crap nation of suing but the brutal truth, so dont bother to be safe!
    Typical crappy UK really!
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast