Thread: 2001 Y Reg 1.7dti Astra van Not starting.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2001 Y Reg 1.7dti Astra van Not starting.

Hi,

Got myself a Y reg 2001 1.7dti Astra van. totally standard.

its been running a treat for a while, maybe gutless powerwise before the turbo spooled up, and then one morning it decided not to start.
    have checked the battery to make sure its ok and is fine.

No warning lights and nothing wrong with it last time i drove it.

when starting the engine cranks over fine but doesnt start. tried bump starting it to no avail.

any ideas for me to try???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i can see this is a very informative and useful forum

and yes i have used the search button.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2 things if your any good with a spanner crack one of the injector pipes of and then try cranking it ofver if no fuel see if any is in the housing if not do a peddle test or see if any codes sotred im gonna guess the fuel EDU

Were are you based
    Mk4 ASTRA 1.7DTI Estate On 126K Miles Now 127k 11/10/2008 - - 129K 28/11/2008 - - 130k 04/01/2009 -- Now 138k 08/05/2009 Now 142k and a broken Diff -- 144K

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its got a fuel pump ecu these commonly go and prevent starting , code will be for "spill valve malfunction", ecus are around 700 i think,but they can be repaired if you know what your doing
    "WHATS THE RETAIL ON ONE OF THOSE?" "MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD PAL . . . .888

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Open the top of the fuel housing to see if it is full of fuel, if not top it up and then try cranking for 10 seconds and resting for five seconds so not to damage the starter motor. A lot of non start situations are caused by air getting into the fuel system and if this is so you will need to track the problem down. If you have fuel in the filter housing try what dave has said and see if you are getting fuel to the injectors. If you are not getting fuel to the injectors ir could be the EDU or it may be the crank sensor as if the ECU can't see 1 vold AC from the crank sensor it won't fuel, like Dave says get a fault code reader on it as this may narrow down the search. You could also fire some easy start into the air intake and see if that helps WARING do not over do this.