AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Before i buy this astra

2006 VAUXHALL ASTRA 1.7 CDTI 16V SXI 3DR + LOW MILEAGE + FULL HISTORY

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1&logcode=p

3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Diesel, 44,000 miles, Metallic Black, MOT-09-2010. UP TO 20 ASTRA ALWAYS IN STOCK, one company owner, Full Service History, warranty included, hpi clear, buy with confidence, Low Rate Finance Arranged, low co2 so low tax, all credit and debit cards taken, Part Exchange Possible, 60 mpg, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Front fog lights, Front electric windows, Electric door mirrors, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, ABS, Central locking, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Sports seats, Remote central locking, Heated door mirrors, Front head restraints, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Isofix child seat anchor points. Insurance Group:6, WARRANTY INCLUDED.All Credit and Debit Cards Taken, HPI CLEAR.

all for £6,990.

I've been to look at the car, neat condition, looks lovily, reeally want it.
    Alot of people have said stay away from astra's even though half of them have never owne one, i adore them, think there gorgeous!

Just thought i'd ask you guys, am i getting a bargin or?

will be buying tomorrow if not, so please let me know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not a bad price according to parkers they are nice cars arent they
    parkers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    forget parkers guide!!!!!

find someone who has access to Glass guide or CAP
    03 SXi Astra

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you wont get 60mpg from it!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you buy from a dealer expect to pay higher then private (duh!!) I have driven many a MK5 Astra & find them a bit of a bore.......... Mind you I always drove the 1.9CDTI 120/150 models...... SO I wouldn't have thought that the 1.7 would be any more interesting!!

They're noisy, sport button does nothing of notice, not really that comfortable. They do move quite well, and look nice too, but 1.9CDTI for the win. Try to find yourself a 1.9CDTI 150 SRi. Yes I know its more money, but your going to get more for it.

One company owner = Ex-lease car, meaning that it may not have a brilliant service history, no manufactures warentee left, at that mileage its got above average miles, and lease companies only get rid of their cars for one of 2 reasons,

1, Something wrong with it.
    2, need the money.

You will also need that phone equipment taking out, it may cause you some electrical problems!!

Im surprised that you missed this one out!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...easc&logcode=p

I would say that its more money, but you have got the 18" wheels with it........

EDIT. I have looked for a 1.9CDTI however its come up as the cheapest one is £7500 and its the 120 (listed as 8v however iirc they not made an 8v Diesel since the old DTI engines!!)
    I am the South Central Co-ordinator for the MK3OC

Now have a project thread up!! [smile]Check it out[/smile] HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel-White View Post
    If you buy from a dealer expect to pay higher then private (duh!!) I have driven many a MK5 Astra & find them a bit of a bore.......... Mind you I always drove the 1.9CDTI 120/150 models...... SO I wouldn't have thought that the 1.7 would be any more interesting!!

They're noisy, sport button does nothing of notice, not really that comfortable. They do move quite well, and look nice too, but 1.9CDTI for the win. Try to find yourself a 1.9CDTI 150 SRi. Yes I know its more money, but your going to get more for it.

One company owner = Ex-lease car, meaning that it may not have a brilliant service history, no manufactures warentee left, at that mileage its got above average miles, and lease companies only get rid of their cars for one of 2 reasons,

1, Something wrong with it.
    2, need the money.

You will also need that phone equipment taking out, it may cause you some electrical problems!!

Im surprised that you missed this one out!!!

I would say that its more money, but you have got the 18" wheels with it........

EDIT. I have looked for a 1.9CDTI however its come up as the cheapest one is £7500 and its the 120 (listed as 8v however iirc they not made an 8v Diesel since the old DTI engines!!)

they did do a 8v 120 cdti

they are a good car, but as said try look out for a 1.9sri cdti 150..
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gonig for sxi because of insurance. I looked at sri and my insurance goes through the roof!

i wanted a 1.7 for the same reason as above, insurance is nice and affordable!

I currently have a little corsa 1.2. it was a astra or seat.... i adore the looks of the astra and thought i should go for that one.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that one is nice, just spoke to guy, 3 previous owners, tax till feb, mot till march. not to keen on it. prefer the alloys on my choice

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Younge View Post

Alot of people have said stay away from astra's even though half of them have never owne one,
    Why do they say that mate?
    2006 Astra 1.9CDTi SRi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olster888 View Post
    you wont get 60mpg from it!
    how comes?

i need to close the deal today.. if i want it... should i go for it people?

i adore it!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast