Thread: ABS LIGHt /TC

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ABS LIGHt /TC

Igot up this morning started the car ,defrosted the windows n scraped them got in to move her n before i got out o my car park the A.B.S.light was stuck onn ,and the t/c/button was unresponsive .SO i carried on my journey as car was going fine,once she heated up i stoped her switched her onn and off and all back to normal no abs wa\rning light andt/c/ working STRANGE???????????

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Two people, same question, minutes apart!

Same reply from me, as suggested earlier by someone else, perhaps the sensors froze up and then defrosted after some driving?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've just posted exactly the same thing (next post up!.) i'll be interested to see the replies. you're not alone!
    '99 flame red Astra Sport. 1.8 16v, Irmy grille, 'i' badge, irmy exhaust, 17'' SE2's on Goodyear Eagle F1's

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nry WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME,GO RUNNING TO YIR MODERATOR PALS IF YOU WANT GO AND JOIN SOME OTHER SORT OF FORUM INSTEAD OF SCARING NEWBIES OFF FROM ASKIN ABOUT THEIR CARS IN CASE YOU N YIR CRONNIES SLATE THEM.WHEN THE THING IS IF YOU REALLYNEW THAT MUCH ABOUT ASTRAS YOU CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE ON HERE AS MUCH AS U R/ YOU BE MAKIN MEGABUCKS MAPPING AND TUNNING GSI AND STUFF LIKE THAT

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess forums are like humans they all have a sh e s n the usual few ruin it for all us new guys scared to ask coz we get slated and end up going elsewhere and it doesnt give the club a good name ,look if yous got bullied at school get some help

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dee76 View Post
    nry WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME,GO RUNNING TO YIR MODERATOR PALS IF YOU WANT GO AND JOIN SOME OTHER SORT OF FORUM INSTEAD OF SCARING NEWBIES OFF FROM ASKIN ABOUT THEIR CARS IN CASE YOU N YIR CRONNIES SLATE THEM.WHEN THE THING IS IF YOU REALLYNEW THAT MUCH ABOUT ASTRAS YOU CERTAINLY WOULDNT BE ON HERE AS MUCH AS U R/ YOU BE MAKIN MEGABUCKS MAPPING AND TUNNING GSI AND STUFF LIKE THAT
    Err, OK, erm, well, I used an exclamation mark at the end of my first sentence. Try re-reading the sentence with a instead, as I was most certainly not having a go at you, instead I was making an observation.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whatever ,just let me post in peace without u following my every word with your size10 boots

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gotta love the internet hey!

A fair reply to a fair question.

Dee either stop being rude to people on the forum or leave end of!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    This question has been posted several times in the last few days, by several people.
    The symptoms are all the same, i.e. ABS/TC light lit & non-operational first thing on a cold morning, but fault clears after driving for some time.
    So far, the best answer anyone has come up with is water getting into the ABS sensors & freezing (especially in the extreme freezing conditions recently), causing the sensors not to be able to pick up a signal, then with a bit of driving/braking the heat generated seems to warm them up & clear the problem.
    Not definite, but so far the most plausible answer. Unless anyone knows better.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LOOK Panter i aint out to be rude,im standing up for the guys scared to post coz of guys just like nry,i mean as soon as i posted tonite he was on my back. A newbie ill get slated once then youl never hear from them again its your site man. PEACE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast