Thread: 53 plate 2.2 SRi review

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking 53 plate 2.2 SRi review

Right joined here about two weeks ago looking to get an Astra. I now have it.

Traveled down from Aberdeen to Glasgow, in beautiful sunshine and clear roads believe it or not!!!

I was a bit worried id turn up after travling all that way and think no this cars nae for me seeing i started out wanting a 2.2 coupe... But as soon as i saw the 3dr black SRi 2.2, with it being lowerd with after market springs and with full irmscher kit i knew id made the right choice.

The car isnt holy shoot fast, but it is quick. I was driving a 1.6 02 hyundai coupe before 105 bhp, really had to rev the motor and think ahead but with the SRi just drop it a gear and away you go.

Havent really had a huge chance to boot it seeing the roads are so slippy at the moment but the times i have had traction in second gear once its up to about 3,000 rpm it pleasently pushes you back in your seat and puts a huge on your face.

Noticed a few posts with people saying its a good motor way cruiser, when i read them i thought a 2.2? Motor way crusier?? I dont think so!! But i have to agree its a fantasic crusing engine. I used half a tank in the Hyundai coupe to get to Glasgow, and used just over a quater and half (does that make sense?) in the 2.2 on the way home!

The only anoying thing so far has been the TC and ABS, feels just like my hyundai realllly sensitive to point that you lock and just slide out into the front off a toyota landcruiser.... Maybe all TC and ABS is like that in the snow/rain?

And i think i may have buckled a F88ken wheel rim all ready as the Glasgow roads are just as s**t as here in Aberdeen!!! Huge thud and steering wheel shaking at about 60-80, but its not constant any ideas??

I know theres a couple people on here thinking about getting a SRi 2.2 or a 2.0T, im 19 i think the 2.2 is more than enough at the moment for me but i hope this post is usfull to anyone thinking about getting one.

Ive only had the car a couple hours so im sure il have more to say later, il post a new thread with some pics aswell.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    congrats!

Now post some pics!
    Daily driver: =The Linea Oro - Gold Line Coupe=
    Summer drive: '05 Speedster Turbo - Build number 4798
    Got a turbo in my life - now I'm broke

Status