Thread: Any Taxi drivers on here? Almost got wiped out by a right donkey today!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Any Taxi drivers on here? Almost got wiped out by a right donkey today!!

Went to the docs, which when turning off the main road, the road you turn onto immediately has a small downwards slope.

Try and park in the bays on the left & almost skid into a landrover (i was going approx 5mph)

Manage to park & said landrover owner then leaves. An old couple come for the parked car on my left

I see they have bother reversing & the guy gets out & walks about before walking right into my wing mirror (i purposely parked a good distance away from them as well). I get out & slam my door shut as i'm P'd off as here's no excuse for it. He turns round & ask if i'm stuck too. I say no i'm not stuck, i'm just getting out to fold my mirror in so that you don't bloody well walk into it again!!! Oh umm, uhh, sorry he says.

Sensing what's about to happen, i give them a help in pushing them out. Especially as i have just noticed a 59 plate Corsa behind me with its passenger wing & front corner ripped out.

I give them a push & it's a damn good thing i parked a bit away as the woman in spinning it to f**k!! She's now just inches off my car as me & the old bloke push her. I start shouting & tell her to watch what she's bloody well doing. If you're heading towards a car don't keep going for christs sake!!!!!!!!

IDIOTS!!

That story short, we eventually get them out & they're on their way. I think it's high time i park elsewhere & walk up to the doctors.

I try to reverse, skid like mad. Try to drive off, skid & slide sideways. That story short, i have to reverse all the way down this road to the bottom end

ENTER THE TAXI DONKEY!!

This nobber in one of those van-like taxi's comes down this narrow road, which is made even narrower with cars on either side, at speeds suggesting it's summer. He can't go anywhere & sees me reversing so slams on his brakes. He skids like mad & i kid you not, he must be millimetres off my bumper with his front end, and his back end slides round & he's nearly hit a parked car with that!!

I gesture to him that he's a total pr!ck who needs to watch what the funk he's doing, but he wont look at me. I pull in the side & he speeds off again.

I'd nearly had an incident with a taxi driver before that who was going stupid speeds in these conditions.

WTF is it with these guys? Some people shouldn't be driving FFS!!! There's over cautious when the snow/ice is dying down & then there's lunacy when it's icy. There ARE other people on the road FFS!!!!

Thankfully i was able to park up without getting wiped out & eventually got myself out. Lucky though as people were just taking the roads at stupid speeds & sliding all over the shop.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    What type of Landrover?

Taxi drivers?

What an odd concept! We have aimers and pointers here.
    1.7 DTi Estate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I don't know what type of landrover lol. Hardly that important in this story anyhow The type that looks very tinny that's generally driven by 80 year old farmers who intherited it from their great great great grandfather.

Except a bloke about 40 was driving it.

Most taxi drivers round here seem like they should be driving in the demolition derby.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_83 View Post
    I don't know what type of landrover lol. The type that looks very tinny that's generally driven by 80 year old farmers who intherited it from their great great great grandfather.

Except a bloke about 40 was driving it.

Uncalled for

Farmers tend to drive new landrovers as the old ones cost too much in upkeep

I am 40 something and I drive a 52 year old landrover.

And YES it is important

Most of the taxi's drivers round here drive they should be driving in a demolition derby.

Must be a taxi driver thing.
    1.7 DTi Estate

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh Kev, this is one hilarious read.... You describe things oh so well..... Chin up fella... All's well that ends well......
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree, taxi drivers a terrible, around where i live i regularly see them driving through red lights and forcing cars to move out of their way
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Uncalled for

Farmers tend to drive new landrovers as the old ones cost too much in upkeep
    Not so - that's why i said 80yr old farmer As the old boys never get rid of anything We've a customer who comes in regular to weigh off his barley in his 1972 tractor. LoL. We have a lot of old boy customers & it's pretty funny to listen to their tight as a ducks areus stories.